Author Topic: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA!  (Read 19998 times)
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 02:06:43 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Streetlight98,  at that height, they should have replaced the M250R2 with either a 400W M400R2 or M400R3 (and given you the M250  ;) >:(.  What's this Utility's major malfunction?

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #46 on: January 08, 2016, 01:44:57 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Here in Canada, my go to supplier for lamps and gear still happily lists mercury vapour lamps as in stock and available

Administrator #5

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #47 on: January 11, 2016, 11:55:41 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Here in Canada, my go to supplier for lamps and gear still happily lists mercury vapour lamps as in stock and available

What is a good example for inventory available?  175, 250w?  GE, American Electric?

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 04:30:23 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
They still list mercury lamps from 50w to 1000w and their various prices.

They list brands as either Symban or MAJOR which is their way of saying its either Sylvania , Philips,  GE etc.
I bought a few clear 175w MV lamps a few months ago from the 'MAJOR' brand and they were Sylvania. Not the most reliable way to brand lamps but hey I'm just happy they still sell them as normal.

Notably, in the 100w listings they include A13 shape as well from a major brand.

They list self ballasted MV lamps too. 100w, 160w, 250w and 450w but Symban brand only and they are pricy.

So far have not had a single problem with any Symban product!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:32:00 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 05:04:52 AM » Author: Ash
We have a problem here with the suppliers stating MAJOR brands. There are few cheap brands that are well known for their cheap lamps (rebranded Chinese stuff ranging from GLS/FL/CFL/HID/LED) yet they call thm MAJOR brand. Gotta ask specifically what brand youll really get
troyp1978

View Posts
View Gallery

troy.papageorgiou
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 05:17:51 AM » Author: troyp1978
I have a good stockpile of MV Lamps

80w, 125w, 250w, 400w, 700w & 1000w :D
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 07:00:59 AM » Author: Ash
I have a lot too but all 125W (except 1 80W and 1 250W). Looks like this is the only wattage widely used here. I think 125 and 250 are still available thoo
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 04:52:38 PM » Author: streetlight98
I have several 175W MV lamps, a few 400W MVs, and some 100W MVs. One 250W MV. None of any other wattage. Most are either used or NOS lamps. Would definitely like to get a bigger stockpile of MV lamps though, specifically 100 and 175W.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 04:57:01 PM » Author: nicksfans
I have three 400W, one 250W (actually two but one doesn't work), a bunch of 175W, one 100W, and one 80W.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 05:05:57 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I have about 5x 50w, 6x 75w, 15x 100w, 12x 175w, and 9x 250w MV lamps.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

lightingnut
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 09:32:16 PM » Author: lightingnut
When the Feds made the EPACT rules, LED wasn't even on the radar screen. Traditional HID sources are being phased out as fast as possible where I live by all of the local utilities, and the utility energy conservation programs are making private switch as well. 
socketgeek63

View Posts
View Gallery

TheDennisManNetwork photoelectric4863
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 11:58:24 PM » Author: socketgeek63
Definitely great news to hear!  :) :) :mv: :hps: lives on!! :)

Long live the great old 20th century quality in electrical & lighting products!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 06:42:05 AM » Author: Ash
When the Feds made the EPACT rules, LED wasn't even on the radar screen. Traditional HID sources are being phased out as fast as possible where I live by all of the local utilities, and the utility energy conservation programs are making private switch as well. 

Much of that is just based on the hype (driven by politicians, sellers and various green-type Pokemons) the "LED are the greenest no matter what", when the actual performance shows the opposite. With tht said, we'll see what happens when the fad is over
lightingnut
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #58 on: January 17, 2016, 01:04:47 AM » Author: lightingnut

Much of that is just based on the hype (driven by politicians, sellers and various green-type Pokemons) the "LED are the greenest no matter what", when the actual performance shows the opposite. With tht said, we'll see what happens when the fad is over

LED is not hype, nor is it a fad. It is what's new and it's not going away anytime soon. If you are nostalgic for old technology like MV, MH, HPS, T12 fluos that's fine by me. ( I come from the commercial lighting industry, and was an avid collector of HID lighting as a youth. I had many HID lumenaires that I lost count. Unfortunately, I had to sell my collection...wish I had kept them now.) If you are looking at the lumen output given in lamp catalogs, then of course LED looks dimmer than legacy light sources. Have you considered lumen losses from the optics? (LED lumenaires have high efficacy optics.) Have you also considered how CRI plays a roll in visual acuity? Have you considered the difference between raw lumens and visual lumens? When it comes to LED fixtures that are designed and built around LEDs, their is none more efficient. If you want to believe in conspiracy theories when it come to LEDs, you are free to do so, but I would not highly recommend it.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: It's official. NO BAN on mercury vapor lamps in the USA! « Reply #59 on: January 17, 2016, 12:46:19 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Wow Mike, you really roasted him. :P :o
About the LEDisease being green. The circuit boards are colored green, if that counts for anything. :P

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies