Author Topic: 50 watt MV fixture ideas?  (Read 1672 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
50 watt MV fixture ideas? « on: January 05, 2016, 09:38:55 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I have an elusive 50w MV ballast by advance. I've been debating whether to use it or preserve it. I came to the decision to install and use it somewhere, since I might as well enjoy the pleasures of life instead of letting it rot away in its cardboard prison cell.
My ideas were...
Homemade MV post top lite (the ones I see are craptastic ones with plastic lids).
Buy a 70w HPS yardblaster and replace it with 50w MV gear.
Buy a HPS wallpack and replace it with 50w gear.
What are your thoughts or ideas, LG?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 50 watt MV fixture ideas? « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:22:06 AM » Author: xelareverse
Buy a cooper OVC and use that
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 50 watt MV fixture ideas? « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:48:34 AM » Author: Ash
I'd go with wallpack (if they are good quality), cobrahead, indoors recessed can, or remote gear (in the garage etc for a light outside)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: 50 watt MV fixture ideas? « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 07:02:22 PM » Author: Lumex120
I would make a recessed can or miniature highbay.

Unofficial LG Discord

mbulb146

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 50 watt MV fixture ideas? « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 10:15:33 PM » Author: mbulb146
You could mount the ballast in an appropriately sized electrical box and wire it to a standard recessed can light that has trim for a standard A19 lamp (built-in reflector), similar in size to the 50W MV lamp, and rated for damp locations.  The can could be installed in an outdoor location like a roof overhang and be wired to a photocell for dusk-to-dawn operation.  Anyway, it's a novel way to light up an area on the outside of the house.

Matt
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: 50 watt MV fixture ideas? « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 10:47:23 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Update: I put it into a floodlight that was originally for 100w MV cram Ed 17 minibulbs. The ballast and bulb fit perfectly so the optics aren't screwed up. 8)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 50 watt MV fixture ideas? « Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 09:11:48 AM » Author: bucket175mv
Update: I put it into a floodlight that was originally for 100w MV cram Ed 17 minibulbs. The ballast and bulb fit perfectly so the optics aren't screwed up. 8)

Hey that's pretty cool. Did you have a pic of this constructed fixture? I'm currently building a custom Regent patio lantern with a 50 watt MV bulb and 35/39 watt MH magnetic ballast.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies