Author Topic: Your air conditioner  (Read 13423 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 03:53:03 AM » Author: dor123
Picture of the A/C, at the lower floor of my hostel, near the dinning table.
It is an Elco Hi-Tech upper split air conditioner, made during the 90's. Simple electronics. Working with R22 refrigerant.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 08:23:11 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Hmm.. You sure that thing was not made by Mitsubishi?  Looks an awful lot like a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim model.

http://www.acdirect.com/ductless-air-conditioners/old-ductless-cooling-heating/mitsubishi-ductless-air-conditioners-cooling-only/mitsubishi-mr-slim-12-000-btu-ductless-mini-split-air-conditioner-21-seer

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 02:42:49 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
There is very little need for cooling in northern Finland so I only have this small Hugin GPC12AJ-K3NNA1A mobile unit. It's not very effective, it's very noisy and uses up lot's of energy if used in cooling mode but it was pretty cheap and in most of the time fan-mode will do and no compressor needed. I think it uses R410A.

Outside the summer time I remove that small piece of ventilation duct and put a plug on the hole in that (home made) window adapter. That black insulation is Armacell Armaflex XG.

Heating of my apartment is done via District heating which is very popular method in here. Since this apartment was build in 1979 the original ventilation was passive except exhaust hood above the stove. When I moved in I modified small storage room to my "Server Room" and there is this little ventilation system I made to try to get the temperature down a little bit. It uses 48v 10w dc fan with pwm-control.

If that room was just bigger I could have bought there a real cooling unit but there is just no room for that now.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 05:37:00 PM » Author: wattMaster
I'm embarrassed to say that my house was built back in 2003 with a Rheem brand central air furnace and A/C units.  Looking forward to replacing them with high quality Trane brand units in time. 

Our house was built in 1938, But it looks pretty new.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 11:30:07 PM » Author: icefoglights
There is very little need for cooling in northern Finland so I only have this small Hugin GPC12AJ-K3NNA1A mobile unit. It's not very effective, it's very noisy and uses up lot's of energy if used in cooling mode but it was pretty cheap and in most of the time fan-mode will do and no compressor needed. I think it uses R410A.

Outside the summer time I remove that small piece of ventilation duct and put a plug on the hole in that (home made) window adapter. That black insulation is Armacell Armaflex XG.

Heating of my apartment is done via District heating which is very popular method in here. Since this apartment was build in 1979 the original ventilation was passive except exhaust hood above the stove. When I moved in I modified small storage room to my "Server Room" and there is this little ventilation system I made to try to get the temperature down a little bit. It uses 48v 10w dc fan with pwm-control.

If that room was just bigger I could have bought there a real cooling unit but there is just no room for that now.

Love the condensation drain  ;D

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 11:41:12 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Icefoglights, do you have A/C in your place in Fairbanks?  I noticed window units are all over Fairbanks.  It does get hot enough there to justify their use I suppose. 
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 02:17:23 AM » Author: icefoglights
My only air conditioner is the one in my car.  It gets warm in the summer, but most of the time open windows and ceiling fans are enough.  Most people here that have air conditioning just have a window unit.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 04:11:41 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann

Love the condensation drain  ;D

Yeah, that's a bear bottle.

That blue "stand" under the unit is actually a plastic beer crate that brewerys used to transport glass beer and softdrink bottles to shops and restaurants. It takes up to 24 0.33l bottles. Nowadays that aluminium cans and plastic bottles have much replaced the glass ones you dont see much of these anymore. I dont even remember where I got that one but the height was perfect for that use. Back in the old days there was saying that these were poor-mans furniture since those were made really durable and could be stacked a top of each other. just couple beer crates and piece of plywood and you got youself a tv-stand. Also other uses like this https://youtu.be/DJj2Y5D0G6Y was not uncommon. There was also a "Sport" called kaljakorikiipeily trans: beer crate climbing http://www.polttari.fi/fi-kaljakorikiipely.html Idea was who could stack most of crates without falling.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:15:52 AM by Roi_hartmann » Logged

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 05:42:44 PM » Author: Lumex120
A few years ago I found a Frigidaire 5000 BTU a/c from 2005 by a trash can. I was exited to find it, and when I first turned it on I got a blast of stale cigarette smoke. I still wanted to fix and use it, however, and I was successful in getting the smell out. It wasn't fun, but it was worth it and I now have a nice 5000 btu A/C.

Unofficial LG Discord

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 01:03:29 AM » Author: icefoglights
Yeah, that's a bear bottle.

That blue "stand" under the unit is actually a plastic beer crate that brewerys used to transport glass beer and softdrink bottles to shops and restaurants. It takes up to 24 0.33l bottles. Nowadays that aluminium cans and plastic bottles have much replaced the glass ones you dont see much of these anymore. I dont even remember where I got that one but the height was perfect for that use. Back in the old days there was saying that these were poor-mans furniture since those were made really durable and could be stacked a top of each other. just couple beer crates and piece of plywood and you got youself a tv-stand. Also other uses like this https://youtu.be/DJj2Y5D0G6Y was not uncommon. There was also a "Sport" called kaljakorikiipeily trans: beer crate climbing http://www.polttari.fi/fi-kaljakorikiipely.html Idea was who could stack most of crates without falling.

That's very similar to milk crates here.  Each crate hold 4 one gallon jugs.  Heavy plastic, some with heavy wire reinforcement, and very durable, as they bounce back and fourth between dairy plants and stores.  If you can get a hold of them, they are great for storage, or milk crate furniture.  Stack them with planks, and they would easily hold a TV and stereo, and the crates themselves were about the right size for vinyl records in their sleeves.  They were so popular, that you could even buy "storage crates", though they are no where near as durable as real milk crates.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 09:31:15 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Thread hijack in progress...
Rubbermaid totes also work well for low-budget "furniture".  Another one is the sawhorse-and-sheet-of plywood table/desk. 

Best one I ever saw?  Pantry shelves made of 2X12s and cindeblocks for legs/spacers. 
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 10:36:03 AM » Author: dor123
My A/C in my room at my mother apartment:

Made by Gree for Tadiran Group.
It can cool, dry, fan and heat. In this picture it is operating in fan mode.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 02:30:40 PM » Author: wattMaster
My A/C in my room at my mother apartment:

Made by Gree for Tadiran Group.
It can cool, dry, fan and heat. In this picture it is operating in fan mode.
Cool! I always like those Ductless-Mini-Split units. How hot/cold is it there?

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 11:39:05 PM » Author: dor123
The winter this year, was very hot with low precipitation at the north Israel. Usually the temperatures in Haifa and Qiryat Ata moves between 10*C at the winter to 30*C at the Summer, so we use A/C for both cooling and heating. But the two last winters was very cold, enough to lower the efficiency of the A/C at heating, and the last summer was the hottest in record with 40*C.
At the 90s, all A/Cs made in Israel here. Today, all A/Cs made in China. The upper wall ductless split A/C, is the most common A/C in Israel, and is even used in public institutions. Window A/C here, considered obsolete, mainly because of its large noise, as the compressor is inside the building, and the fact that we can't install window A/C in our windows (Opens from the side, and moves on rails).

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 12:59:26 AM » Author: tolivac
The split HVAC unit shown in the pictures is similar to the ones here at the transmitter plant.They can heat or cool.Used in the computer,phone,mux,,and antenna relay rooms.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies