Author Topic: what can i make a gasket with ?  (Read 2182 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

what can i make a gasket with ? « on: February 14, 2008, 05:22:49 PM » Author: prawnman88
my old revere that looks like a clone of a ge form 400 well the gaskets long since dried up. and i dont like the idea of having a glass touching just metal should perhaps some weather stripping from ace hardware maybe?
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: what can i make a gasket with ? « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:37:13 PM » Author: FGS
I think you can use one of those gray gasket used in pressure cookers. Dunno if it will fit around the glass rim.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 05:41:04 PM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what can i make a gasket with ? « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:50:48 PM » Author: prawnman88
ok i will try that thank fgs for the info ;D
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: what can i make a gasket with ? « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:56:23 PM » Author: FGS
No prob, the one from pressure cookers are better than the weatherstrips as it can handle the heat. I just hope it can handle the UV from the merc lamp though.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what can i make a gasket with ? « Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 05:59:43 PM » Author: prawnman88
well i can put anything in it actually maybe ill just put in a 300 watt mog bulb
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies