Author Topic: Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!!  (Read 3260 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!! « on: March 09, 2016, 02:50:52 PM » Author: Flurofan96
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3071853/Now-s-light-bulb-moment-Wireless-Flyte-LEVITATES-lasts-22-YEARS.html

Its so awesome

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!! « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:11:27 AM » Author: dor123
This isn't an induction, but a LED lightbulb, and I bet that the "Wireless" thing here is a hoax: There is a small battery inside the base of the lamp, supplying voltage to the electronics and the LEDs, and this is what allows the lamp to operate without connecting it to the mains, so there is no any wireless stuff at all.
Take care while posting such product placements. These are often may show unrealistic stuff and big fat lies.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:26:22 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!! « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 09:09:06 AM » Author: Lumex120
This isn't an induction, but a LED lightbulb, and I bet that the "Wireless" thing here is a hoax: There is a small battery inside the base of the lamp, supplying voltage to the electronics and the LEDs, and this is what allows the lamp to operate without connecting it to the mains, so there is no any wireless stuff at all.
Take care while posting such product placements. These are often may show unrealistic stuff and big fat lies.
I don't think that it is powered by a battery in the base. There is a video game console around here called "Skylanders" and you put action figures on the pad which makes LED lights in the action figure glow. They have no batteries or anything in them, so this light bulb probably operates on a similar principle.

Unofficial LG Discord

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!! « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 09:12:56 AM » Author: Medved
I would guess this has an induction electricity transfer from the base to the "float", it is very simple to do, when you do not hunt for any significant power, nor efficiency. Don't forget it is not for more than an inch or so...

Way more difficult is to stabilize the floating position - that really needs an active control (magnets alone yield unstable position - like a pencil on a tip; so needs some active balancing) and I would think the inductive energy transfer could well be just a consequence of the electromagnetic position stabilizer operation (correction pulses generate an AC component and that then induces voltage in the float's secondary and lights the bulb)...

No more selfballasted c***

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!! « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 01:34:30 AM » Author: tolivac
Real or fake-the light is decorative-does not put out enough light to be really useful.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!! « Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 04:43:53 AM » Author: Medved
Real or fake-the light is decorative-does not put out enough light to be really useful.

It is just it's purpose...

No more selfballasted c***

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction lightbulb that LEVITATES!!!!! « Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 12:36:22 AM » Author: tolivac
If the lamp is being magnetically levitated-probably using more energy to float the light than lighting it!Kinda neat,though.Would make a better inductive charger than a light.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies