Author Topic: Tour of a mall with MV lighting  (Read 9047 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Tour of a mall with MV lighting « on: March 09, 2016, 05:41:31 PM » Author: Lumex120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7pLNk8K7E
This is a video of a building that is now sadly gone, but it was lit with lots of MV lights. Some parts had MV wall lights, others had both wall lights and recessed cans. At 8:22, you can hear a very loud MV ballast, and it appears that some are greened out but others are new. It's too bad that it was demolished, since probably not a single light was saved. :(

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 01:21:05 AM » Author: tolivac
That KMart was like the one in Greenville,NC.It is supposed to be a Publix food store in the future.Remember Pinellas County,Fla-grew up there in the 60's.When you think of it KMart was the "WalMart" of the 60's!
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 01:22:08 AM » Author: tolivac
Oh yes,Like the neon adn mercury lighting in the mall.Too bad they leveled it!Hope the lighting equipment was saved!
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 09:19:02 AM » Author: Lumex120
Oh yes,Like the neon adn mercury lighting in the mall.Too bad they leveled it!Hope the lighting equipment was saved!
i doubt it. They usually consider these things part of the building debris and have no intention of saving them. Maybe I am wrong, though. A few times I have seen lights get saved from demolition and reused...

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 12:33:06 AM » Author: tolivac
Sure hope the neon lights were saved-but alas probably weren't.Sad.Looks like that was a nice mall when it was new.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 09:26:25 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
usually I'm the type of person that will loot a placebefore it gets demolished, and by loot i mean i take as many lighting related items i can before they kncok the thing over.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 09:00:28 PM » Author: 589
Cumberland mall in marietta still has a bunch of MV can lights, etc. At least a few months ago when I was there.

:lps:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Tour of a mall with MV lighting « Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 06:13:39 PM » Author: HPS_250
Just found this old topic, that building sounds cool but the video has been deleted unfortunately.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies