Author Topic: How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up?  (Read 1328 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up? « on: March 10, 2016, 06:26:35 AM » Author: dor123
In my floodlight, there is a Philips HID-PrimaVision PV C 70 /S CDM electronic ballast. Despite during a hot restrike, it ignites continuously and not in pulse-break operation, being a Philips ballast, I bet that if the lamp cycles, it gives up after some cycles.
Anyone know what number of cycles, this ballast does with a cycling lamp before it gives up?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Kappa7

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up? « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 06:19:32 AM » Author: Kappa7
According to the leaflet after 18min
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up? « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 08:59:51 AM » Author: dor123
This is the period that it gives up after a continuous unsuccessful ignition attempts. I mean if it is operated with an EOL cycling lamp, which number of cycles it does before giving up?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up? « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 01:51:25 PM » Author: Ash
The number of cycles that happen within 18 minutes will depend on the lamp
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up? « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 02:53:09 PM » Author: dor123
The 18 mins, is the period of unsuccessful ignitions that the ballast switches off. This is almost the same with all anti-cycle ignitors and electronic ballasts. This isn't what I asked here. I asked if anyone know what is the number of cycles that a cycling lamp doing on this ballast before it giving up.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up? « Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 03:21:35 PM » Author: Ash
If the limit is by time (18 min), then each lamp will do different number of cycles, and the same lamp may do different number of cycles in different days
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How much cycles, the Philips HID-PrimaVision does before it gives up? « Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 02:45:45 AM » Author: dor123
Not all companies publishes what is the number of cycles the ignitor/electronic ballast does before shutting down. Anyway most anti-cycle ignitors/electronic ballasts, shutting down after a specific number of cycles, and not after a period of time that the lamp cycles.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies