Author Topic: What do you do with eol fluorescents  (Read 6320 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 03:00:11 PM » Author: wattMaster
Or big MH bulbs.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 04:05:52 AM » Author: tolivac
Ive got it!!!!Give those wrestlers some SOX LPS bulbs to hit each other in the ring with!!Now we can have sodium burns!That would be interesting to see-but NOT for the wrestlers!
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 07:52:37 AM » Author: Ash
I mean, i seen kids try to smash a LED tube. They were staring at it for quite a while when it bent in half but did not break..
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 06:57:05 PM » Author: Lumex120
Or those huge HPS bulbs
If there is any water nearby that could get... fiery.  :o

Unofficial LG Discord

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 08:20:04 PM » Author: sol
HPS lamps won't react in water as the sodium is in a salt, meaning you have Na+ ions instead of metallic sodium. Na+ ions in HPS lamps are exactly the same as the ones in NaCl which is ordinary table salt. SOX lamps, however, use metallic sodium in much the same way other discharge lamps use mercury. With those (SOX) you get a nice show when broken in the water as the metallic sodium reacts with the water to make NaOH and H2 gas. Sometimes if the water is warm enough and the quantity of sodium is sufficient, it can set itself alight.
veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 07:19:08 PM » Author: veryhighonoutput
Or heat with a torch try to make your own shapes

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 10:47:58 AM » Author: dischargecraze
I throw it at a wall.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with eol fluorescents « Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 06:13:28 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I keep a few EOL tubes to test in a fixture once in a while just to see its flicker show, some of my lamps make the fixture flash full brightness for a few seconds now and then

(Rapid Start magnetic lamps and ballast)

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies