Author Topic: Chevy's new C8 Corvette  (Read 3021 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 05:48:46 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I’ll take either a orange or black one!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 09:07:38 AM » Author: Rommie
You're in Scotland, so one or two is a more realistic goal. Here in midwest murica, cars, fees, and fuel are FAR cheaper.
Don't I know it, I've spent a fair amount of time in the US over the years, I vividly remember filling up the car after a 200+ mile trip from San Francisco to go and visit Yosemite National Park and being charged $17..! (That was around ten years or so ago, no idea what fuel prices there are now, but here it would have cost three or four times that  :poof:)

We live right in the city centre here, so no need for a car for day to day use, the main food shops are only 5-10 minutes walk away, but it would sometimes be useful if we want to visit Sammi's mother who lives about 25 miles out of town. We have a car club where you can hire a car by the hour if you want, so it's not impossible, but sometimes it would be nice to have my own car again. I had one from when I first learnt to drive in 1983 to just before I moved here in 2015; the engine literally blew up the day before moving  :poof: :curse: and I really haven't been able to afford to replace it. That might change soon when we get the money from my mother's estate, she passed away at the end of January, but the legal profession aren't exactly quick when it comes to these things, plus we now have the infernal virus to deal with, so I'm not holding my breath  :-\ ::)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:13:18 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies