Author Topic: Have you converted your house?  (Read 53618 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #195 on: January 08, 2020, 10:24:38 PM » Author: HPS_250
You can get 2700K warm glow lamps from Philips, but they are only 85 CRI. They dim well though. It will look great when you can put up that SOX fixture on a floor lamp pole!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #196 on: January 08, 2020, 10:43:45 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
My house is mostly LED. Of course my room is all fluorescent (except a LED desk lamp, but I use that occasionally).

There are still two 65w BR30s and a 72w halogen in use but those are due to be replaced.

In my kitchen, there are four fluorescent undercabinet lights: One F8T5 preheat (now in my collection), two rapid start F20T12s (one has a shorted ballast, the other has no lamp), and a F15 (only one that works and also has a lamp in it). Unfortunately, those are due to be replaced (but I get to have them) as well.

The fluorescent light in the laundry room was converted to LED (with LED tubes) by me.

All the PL-C fixtures will get LED retrofit lamps.

NOTE: I still live with my parents (not a bum lol) and I'm not old enough to get my own house yet (to give you an idea of how old I am). My parents are in charge of the lighting. I just do the work if they tell me to. All the LEDs are either Feit, Ecosmart (HD brand), or Philips.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #197 on: January 08, 2020, 11:41:42 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40

I still have those snap switches and the mercury's with the older engraved type plastic plates in some of the house. All the lights have been changed.
Nice. Take your time. I can wait. Haven't got anything lately because of school so yeah. I am checking all the lights that are on my "watchlist" though.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #198 on: January 09, 2020, 08:33:54 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
We have buying LED bulbs for a while, The oldest is about 2-3 years old, And still looks bright!
Our whole house is mostly LED Feit electric bulbs.
The only fixtures I have not converted is the laundry light, Shed "Shop light", Desk light, Bathroom light above toilet (Which is an Incandescent bulb and has been going about 3 hours a day, But has been there for 10+ Years), Outdoor flood lights (We actually have started converting one bulb to LED), Attic light, A couple lights in the living room (Incandescent 3 Way), And 2 Bedrooms
(First has a lone fluorescent, Always pretty dim, The second has 3, 50 Watt halogen GU10 bulbs, Also been going for 10+ Years but at about 6 Hours a day).

All of our LED bulbs have been going strong for a while, Even though the thermal conditions are not prime(Hot Florida weather, lots of windows, And out of the way of Air Conditioning).

We are used to LED lighting, And everyone except me can't handle daylight lighting, Unless it's sunlight. :)
We have a No-CFL rule in our house, Unless they are kept in their boxes and in a safe place (My light bulb stash).

Have you converted your house to LED? Just don't use the cheap Ebay bulbs.

NO!! We are working to convert are house BACK to Incandescent! My dad has been buying LEDs for a while, and when he put one in the busy living room, it died within 3 days!!!
I Quickly replaced it with a good old GE Indcandesant. As for CFL, they are going to be used more and more!! :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:38:36 AM by Metal Halide Boy » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #199 on: January 09, 2020, 09:00:37 AM » Author: Rommie
NO!! We are working to convert are house BACK to Incandescent! My dad has been buying LEDs for a while, and when he put one in the busy living room, it died within 3 days!!!
I Quickly replaced it with a good old GE Indcandesant. As for CFL, they are going to be used more and more!! :)

Well done  ;D

We are mainly using incandescents now, except when we're using SOX lamps  :D

We have a 28W 2D in the bathroom and another will be going up in the kitchen soon, there's a CFL in the bedroom at the moment but when that dies it will be replaced by an incandescent.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

istilluseLEDs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #200 on: January 12, 2020, 03:55:05 PM » Author: istilluseLEDs
Im also in the process of a conversion, all of the lights in my room and office are LEDs allthough there are some lights in our kitchen and conservatory which are either CFLs or Halogens, which are slowly dying. I've gone through quite a few LEDs in my office so far as to be fair i had mostly bought chinese crap ones since i really didnt care much about lighting at the time but now i realize how horribly made those are. I now use a JCB 15w e27 LED bulb as a main light in my office and i have 3 overhang warm white Sylvania MR16 bulbs, in my room i have 3 "longlifebulbs.co.uk" 3000k MR16 bulbs as overheads. I'm loving my decision of bulbs so far and am hoping that they actually last a decent amount of time lol.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #201 on: February 24, 2020, 12:34:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well done  ;D

We are mainly using incandescents now, except when we're using SOX lamps  :D

We have a 28W 2D in the bathroom and another will be going up in the kitchen soon, there's a CFL in the bedroom at the moment but when that dies it will be replaced by an incandescent.

I can happily report that we are now an LED free zone, apart from ones that are used as indicators.  :bulbman: :bulbman: :bulbman: ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #202 on: February 06, 2021, 08:42:19 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
My house still has incandescent and 2 fluorescent fixtures and bulbs. New installs are LED. Every time I buy LED bulbs, its something different every time! Lol. My dad has talked about replacing bulbs with LED but he is still installing incandescent.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Desultory13
Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #203 on: February 07, 2021, 12:29:23 AM » Author: Desultory13
Converted? Haven't had to. Don't plan to either. My kitchen and both bathrooms still use T12 fluorescents along with a healthy supply in stock.
My dining room still has incandescents in the chandelier.
My living room lamps have CFLs but I'm just about out of those and they will be converted back to incandescents when necessary.
Incandescent for the patio light.
All of my track lights use PAR30s and R20s, depends on the tracks.
1 bedroom is entirely incandescent.
The second bedroom does have 1 daylight LED, which I bought since I couldn't find daylight CFLs anymore but I'm not happy with the LED and plan to replace it as that's what eBay is for.
Let's see what else, since I cook a lot the range hood has an incandescent, which is a huge help for additional light on the counter.
And several other various incandescent bulbs for accent lighting.
My new self ballasted PAR38 CMH lamps are working out great so no problems there.
All in all traditional light sources that I plan to keep while I continue to build up my stash of incandescents and maybe some daylight CFLs.
OH BTW the fluorescent ballasts are all magnetic except for 2 replacements, which are electronic but I had no choice as they are for F72 slimlines and magnetic wasn't going to happen.
So there you have it.
This is how an electrician lights his home.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #204 on: February 07, 2021, 07:51:29 AM » Author: Rommie
Proper light bulbs, absolutely. We are all incandescents now, except for the kitchen, bathroom and one small cupboard, which have 2D CFL's. There is one L*D built into the fridge which unfortunately is not user-replaceable, so we're stuck with that  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #205 on: February 07, 2021, 09:14:26 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
There is one L*D built into the fridge which unfortunately is not user-replaceable, so we're stuck with that  :'(
Interesting, mine has an incandescent inside.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #206 on: February 07, 2021, 09:16:32 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Our fridge was bought towards the end of 2015, so by then the march of L*D had taken over.  :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #207 on: February 07, 2021, 01:01:11 PM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Sitting Room and Bedroom Are Daylight  :cfl1: Hall Way is a Normal  :cfl1: Bathroom is a Daylight 2D Kitchen is a Proper Tube With a Plinky Starter
NO ICKY L Crap Here!!!

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #208 on: February 11, 2021, 05:06:07 PM » Author: Econolite03
I converted my whole house using primarily Philips LEDs (2016-2018) to reduce energy costs, with the exception for specialty lighting. Of course, all old bulbs that I removed end up in my collection.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #209 on: February 11, 2021, 06:31:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
I'll be honest, I have quite a few LEDs in use in places where I would have formerly used CFLs. The rooms I have brightly lit primarily use linear fluorescent and outdoor areas are a mix of LED and HID. LED for when I want instant light and low light output and HID for high brightness long burn scenarios.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies