Author Topic: F40T12 single lamp ballast wiring  (Read 969 times)
bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

F40T12 single lamp ballast wiring « on: June 05, 2016, 09:44:25 AM » Author: bucket175mv
Hi there.

Been awhile since I've been on here but I'm back with more :mv: projects and this time I'm going to try a 40/50 watt mercury vapor bulb on a old 40W single lamp preheat ballast.

How would I go about wiring this to a single medium base socket? I've got 2 blue leads that go to one side of the lamp, a green and white that goes to the other side of the lamp. Line in to ballast is hot lead to ballast and neutral to one side of the lamp. What is the green lead for?

Thanks.
bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40T12 single lamp ballast wiring « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 12:10:04 PM » Author: bucket175mv
Well I went ahead and attempted to wire my F40 single lamp ballast to a medium base socket.

I connected both blue leads together(from ballast) and ran this to the hot side of the socket,then connected the green lead (from other side of ballast) to the white or neutral side of the socket. When I flicked the switch, I could measure 221 volts A/C at the socket. Upon screwing in the NOS 50w westie lifeguard :mv: in the socket and the lamp will not strike an arc?

Am I forgetting something or??

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies