Author Topic: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire  (Read 3451 times)
fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « on: June 06, 2016, 09:54:59 PM » Author: fran4001
I have three of these old PowrBrackets, two with the standard-bucket SA optics, and one of these big fellas, the PA optic 400w Mercury, from the 70's. Just taken out of service 2 years ago, after a perfect run of 35 years. Still works and looks great. Today was a nice day to get it out of the garage and clean it up. Figured you fellas would like to see some details while it's apart. Cool to see the Astrodome setup. Enjoy!
fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:58:41 PM » Author: fran4001
And a few more. I'll post pics of him lit up in a few days!  As you can see, the installed old Sylvania clear-band got mysteriously broken in the garage. Of course, the kid knows nothing... ;-)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 03:37:06 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Nice fixture. Pity about the lamp being broke. :(

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:51:19 AM » Author: fran4001
Yeah, too bad about the lamp. I have more old period-correct ones. I hate to see a broken lamp though.... :-\
Rd58

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 11:03:06 AM » Author: Rd58
Hi, I picked one of these up the other day at an auction for a good price but all of the info and wiring got wet and has faded away. Will this fixture run on 120? Is it multi voltage and if so how would one change it? I have yet to power it up because of this. The original ballast is in good shape but all papers have rotted away due to water damage.

Thanks for any advice
  ??? :mv:
Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 04:28:46 PM » Author: Ugly1
I would imagine the discolored astrodome plastic cover must have affected the turn on and turn off times of the photoelectric control.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 08:56:03 PM » Author: sol
Hi, I picked one of these up the other day at an auction for a good price but all of the info and wiring got wet and has faded away. Will this fixture run on 120? Is it multi voltage and if so how would one change it? I have yet to power it up because of this. The original ballast is in good shape but all papers have rotted away due to water damage.

Thanks for any advice
  ??? :mv:

Usually they are used on120v. However some are used on other voltages. Look carefully for a 120v stamp or label on one of the supply wires. Use that and the com wire. Otherwise, post a good picture of the gear tray and someone will help you.
Rd58

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 09:50:40 AM » Author: Rd58
Usually they are used on120v. However some are used on other voltages. Look carefully for a 120v stamp or label on one of the supply wires. Use that and the com wire. Otherwise, post a good picture of the gear tray and someone will help you.

thanks, I actually found some info in a different thread that referenced numbers printed on the ballast and it turns out to be a 120v 400w mv ballast that is original to the fixture.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 08:50:11 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
This is the first time I ever saw an astrodome p/c, didn't realize they have what looks like a standard twist-lock p/c (minus the twist-lock part) under the dome, i figured it would be some elaborate contraption, a marvel of modern engineering, not! BTW, closely check the wires going to the light socket, mine are brittle and crumbling from the heat of the lamp!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage 70s GE Powr Bracket Type PA Luminaire « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 01:27:36 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I want a powr/bracket!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies