Author Topic: CMH on MH ballast  (Read 4952 times)
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CMH on MH ballast « Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 01:25:05 AM » Author: tolivac
I looked on the Philips Lighting website beleive they make a retrofit CMH lamp that can run on probe start ballasts.You may want to check their site to be sure.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: CMH on MH ballast « Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 03:13:29 AM » Author: dor123
I know about Philips AllStart with neon-argon starting gas, which operates on both probe start and pulse start ballasts. But because of the huge mercury pressure, they tends to explode at EOL, but this isn't a danger since they are rated for open fixtures.
CMH lamps here designed to be operated on HPS lamps only. Only the 20W must be operated on an electronic HID ballast with an active arctube thermal control.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CMH on MH ballast « Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 07:08:09 AM » Author: wattMaster
I know about Philips AllStart with neon-argon starting gas, which operates on both probe start and pulse start ballasts. But because of the huge mercury pressure, they tends to explode at EOL, but this isn't a danger since they are rated for open fixtures.
CMH lamps here designed to be operated on HPS lamps only. Only the 20W must be operated on an electronic HID ballast with an active arctube thermal control.
Well, Good thing because my ballast is also compatible with HPS lamps.
Yesterday,  I tried it out with my 400 Watt HPS lamp, And it was pretty bright!
I just searched Philips AllStart and they say it only works on magnetic ballasts.

Update! Look here > http://www.eyelighting.com/products/hid-lamps/metal-halide/probe-start/quartz-arc-mogul-base-5500k-cct-90-cri/
Isn't this just great? I found my solution!  ;D

...Oops, Too much wattage...  :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:32:27 AM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies