Author Topic: Things That Scare You  (Read 18748 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Things That Scare You « on: July 07, 2016, 10:22:11 PM » Author: wattMaster
As a compliment to Things Which Annoy You, what things scare you? One thing is this one catchy Italian song, with horrid, evil 3D models, can't remember the name.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:27:38 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:44:56 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Watching/doing anything to do with wiring an energized circuit.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 10:46:12 PM » Author: wattMaster
I would be running away from the room scared of that!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:36:52 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Yeah, I am an off breaker guy, I can't imagine working on aerial lines of 10000s of volts!

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:55:29 AM » Author: wattMaster
Yeah, I am an off breaker guy, I can't imagine working on aerial lines of 10000s of volts!
Why can't they just turn it off?

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 08:08:06 AM » Author: sol

Because it would mean turning off power to lots of clients. Rerouting electricity is sometimes possible but on a line that serves customers directly, then it would mean a power outage, which the utility tries to avoid.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 08:18:40 AM » Author: wattMaster

Because it would mean turning off power to lots of clients. Rerouting electricity is sometimes possible but on a line that serves customers directly, then it would mean a power outage, which the utility tries to avoid.
Then you are in a very dangerous position, does the power company care about Safety Or Convenience?
In this case, Convenience, but other utilities may care about Safety.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 09:30:21 AM » Author: Lumex120
-Insanely loud and bright fireworks (think they are called salutes?)
-Being outside at night in COMPLETE darkness (you never know if there are raccoons that will suddenly scare the daylights, soft whites, and cool whites out of you)
I have more but that's all I can think of for now.

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 10:32:07 AM » Author: Ash
Depends a whole lot on what work is done, and the age and condition of equipment. For example low voltage distribution cables today are isolated and use isolation piercing connectors, so there are no energized bare conductors involved at all when you are splicing a branch to the line, all the work is clicking Plastic connectors onto the cable. Something like taking voltage measurements can only be done live. Some other things would be better done offline

Also, on a scale of danger, how bad you think connecting live wires is compared to driving on the highway ? A wrong movement in either position can kill you, and in driving on the highway you cant "freeze and think" either (the car is moving at speed), yet driving is ok and live electricity is considered more dangerous ?
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 01:57:32 PM » Author: wattMaster
I remember! It's called Sempre Di Domenica. Search at your own risk.
Little Note: I saw the music video, but It did not have any sound, which is odd, and I skipped around, but I don't actually know for sure if it has horrid, evil 3D models.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:38:16 PM by wattMaster » Logged

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 06:48:08 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Disco classic `Automatic Lover` by Dee D Jackson from 1978 had a robot in the video, I was only 6 years old when this song came out, and use to have nightmares about this robot! ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 08:11:51 PM » Author: wattMaster
Disco classic `Automatic Lover` by Dee D Jackson from 1978 had a robot in the video, I was only 6 years old when this song came out, and use to have nightmares about this robot! ;D
Sounds scary, robots in 1978 must have been rudimentary!

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 09:27:58 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Things that scare me

Aliens
Wasps
Snakes
jellyfish
The Matrix rain

I also get very scared when I have to go to the dentist or visit the hospital

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 09:31:30 AM » Author: wattMaster
Things that scare me

Aliens
Wasps
Snakes
jellyfish
The Matrix rain

I get terrified of Wasps, and will do anything to avoid them.
But actually kind of like going to the dentist! What makes you scared?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 09:46:39 AM » Author: Lumex120
Things that scare me

Aliens
Wasps
Snakes
jellyfish
The Matrix rain

I am TERRIFIED of wasps. They seem to be aggressive for no reason and take joy in harassing me.  ???

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies