Author Topic: Things That Scare You  (Read 18714 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #45 on: December 01, 2016, 09:32:56 AM » Author: Lumex120
Well here is something rather frightening that happened tonight. There was a Christmas dinner at my church earlier last night, and when everyone was leaving, a car smashes into a gas feed outside and flames start erupting along the wall. Fortunately it is a brick building so no serious damage was done, but an Econolight LED wallpack that was installed 4 days ago perished (it was directly in the flames and melted off the wall). It was very scary because I was cleaning up the dishes when suddenly I hear a loud crash and whooshing sound. Then somebody yells something about a gas leak and to get out of the building. So everyone gets out and I see this massive flame going up the wall and a car sitting there. They were able to get the car away from the flames before anything really bad happened. It took them over an hour to put out the fire, because it was a large gas line and special equipment had to be used to shut off the gas line and put the fire out. This just goes to show why brick buildings are much better than wood buildings. If this had been a wood building, there wouldn't be anything left there now. Anyways, here are a few news reports:
http://www.kare11.com/news/local/gas-line-catches-fire-at-spring-lake-park-church/360188579
http://www.fox9.com/news/220774393-story

And for the record, here is a short segment of a 50-minute long video I took. It was taken after the fire had been burning for about an hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvejyOSP_Q&feature=youtu.be

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #46 on: December 01, 2016, 10:00:58 AM » Author: wattMaster
That's a big fire! :o

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #47 on: December 01, 2016, 04:38:08 PM » Author: Ash
Relatvely.. Last week we had simultaneous big forest fires in different places all across Israel. Lit up by multiple arsonists

As for wood buildings, i dont think this incident means they are bad, but i find some serious questions :

- How come the line was so unprotected, from the side where cars go ? (it does not take much for a driver to floor the gas instead of the brake by accident when parking, and since the car was directed into the wall, i assume this happened while the driver was parking in front of the wall)

- How come the peeps on site (and not the gas company) had no access or required tool to operate any emergency shut off valve ?

When i was on a school trip once i managed to break not one dish but turn over a dining room cart full of them, in the fieldschool where we stayed. And i was barefoot too while all that glass broke (yet i came out without a scratch). Everyone shouted congrats as well

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #48 on: December 03, 2016, 01:21:15 AM » Author: tolivac
Had two gas leaks near me when new water lines being installed.One was from natural deteriation of the gas pipe.Other from when an operator hit the gas pipe with his directional drill.No harm came from either.The gas company promptly came out and fixed the problems.No fires or explosions-just the hissing and smells.Didn't light anything outside or start the car until the problems were fixed.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 09:52:19 PM » Author: CEB1993
Things that scare me:

Wasps and hornets
Snakes
Getting trapped in big crowds
Taking tests
Blood
Needles
Flying in planes

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 07:53:01 PM » Author: Flurofan96
I am with CEB93 on the things that chill me to the spine  ;D :o Needles and taking tests be it academic/school exams and also medical tests that are mostly related to needle use. Wasps/hornets and snakes are a big nOPE from me and if a snake got into my house, I'd keep it in a box tightly shut with holes and call pest control to get it removed from my house and area. Also a visit to the hospital would reduce me to a jelly like stability  ;D the same but less goes for the dentist, I can cope with dental visits better than having to go to the hospital for sure. 

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #51 on: June 25, 2017, 01:51:06 AM » Author: xelareverse
Exhaust fans. I'm deathly TERRIFIED OF THEM. It makes hotels and public restrooms almost impossible to use.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #52 on: June 25, 2017, 04:43:53 AM » Author: dor123
@xelareverse: What is the problem with exhaust fans (Often called "Ventas" here in Israel after the exhaust fans manufacturer of the same name)?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #53 on: June 25, 2017, 07:07:51 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
@xelareverse: What is the problem with exhaust fans (Often called "Ventas" here in Israel after the exhaust fans manufacturer of the same name)?

May be a childhood thing that is unexplainable. As a young boy I had an irrational fear of slugs and snails, and I still do to some degree.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #54 on: June 25, 2017, 08:13:40 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
This happened to me some months ago but surely it was one of those wtf moments. I had been in drinking with my buddies in previous night and in the morning I was trying to recover from the hangover. I was surfing on the net in my home office when I noticed how the room appeared like pulsing in brightnes. I was allready thinking was that how heart attack begins and that this was completely new kind of hangover. I allready started to go to the toilet to see how dead I would look in the mirror while I noticed it was the fluorescent lamp in ceiling that had got eol. That fixture has US GE electronic multivolt rapud start ballast and it was first eol I witnessed from that ballast so I could not expect that kind of behaviour.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 09:48:54 AM » Author: CEB1993
I've had two bad experiences with blood and needles. I passed out once after donating blood 4 years ago.  I felt really sick and nauseated afterwards. I guess losing a pint of blood in about 10 minutes was too much of a shock for my (at the time skinny 150 pound) body.  I haven't donated ever since despite the fact I have gained 25 pounds and have a rare blood type, B positive.

My other experience was when I was in the emergency room seeing one of my friends get stitches after a knife accident in the kitchen.  I suddenly felt sick and walked out to find a bathroom. Next thing I know, I was face down on the floor with a huge cut on my chin from where I fell against the door when I passed out. My buddy and I both got stitches that day 😆
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:26:30 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 09:55:34 AM » Author: CEB1993
I've found a snakeskin in my garage. It's really creepy to think about a snake under the car or hiding under a shelf. I saw a black snake at work in the parking lot this spring.  My coworker and I tried to get it to move out of the sidewalk with a traffic cone to prevent officewide panic and a lot of screaming 😄

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #57 on: September 14, 2017, 12:25:29 AM » Author: CEB1993
Being locked in the trunk of a car.  True story  :o

I wanted to test the emergency latch from the inside of my VW Jetta's trunk and the rear seat backs were not unlocked like I had expected.  The latch did not work and I was trapped for about 5 minutes until my brother heard me yelling for help in the garage and he opened the trunk. 

I now have problems with claustrophobia in enclosed spaces or really crowded places and am really afraid of getting trapped someplace without an escape.

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #58 on: September 14, 2017, 04:08:20 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Have not found anything that I am truly scared of yet, I can be cautious, such as when I'm in abandoned areas, and I sometimes find things creepy but usually I don't get scared, just become more aware of surroundings, now that's not to say I won't find something that scares the living crap out of me but as of now i have nothing I can think of

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #59 on: September 16, 2017, 11:56:13 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Being locked in the trunk of a car.  True story  :o

I wanted to test the emergency latch from the inside of my VW Jetta's trunk and the rear seat backs were not unlocked like I had expected.  The latch did not work and I was trapped for about 5 minutes until my brother heard me yelling for help in the garage and he opened the trunk. 

I now have problems with claustrophobia in enclosed spaces or really crowded places and am really afraid of getting trapped someplace without an escape.

I wouldn't do that out of fear since I'm a bit claustaphobic. One thing that fears me is busy places like shopping centres, cinemas etc when there is loads of people everywhere. I get a bit anxious. I try and do shopping in centres in quieter times. The food court is insane at lunch time.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies