Author Topic: Things That Scare You  (Read 18728 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #75 on: September 21, 2017, 10:08:47 PM » Author: CEB1993
what do they taste like?

The ones I had in Paris reminded me of oysters. They had a green pesto type sauce with melted butter. The snail meat itself is pretty mild and I mostly tasted the zesty pesto and butter. They had a slightly gritty texture.

@ Lodge, I enjoyed my escargot with a glass of merlot and some bread. The ultimate French experience.  Here I am with my snails, wine, and bread.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #76 on: September 25, 2017, 03:48:03 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Going to the hospital or any medical facility gets me really scared/anxious  :o because well of the invasive treatments such as operations/surgery and needles from injections and so on whatever the nurses handle with. I also hate the smell of antiseptic/TCP in the facilities because I find it aggravates my medical phobias, gives you sensation you're unwell (when visiting for non medical related needs) My dad can watch medical drama and I can only watch like small fragments, but when it comes to the scenes of ICU/surgery room etc then it gets too much!  :( 

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #77 on: September 25, 2017, 05:02:52 PM » Author: CEB1993
Going to the hospital or any medical facility gets me really scared/anxious  :o because well of the invasive treatments such as operations/surgery and needles from injections and so on whatever the nurses handle with. I also hate the smell of antiseptic/TCP in the facilities because I find it aggravates my medical phobias, gives you sensation you're unwell (when visiting for non medical related needs) My dad can watch medical drama and I can only watch like small fragments, but when it comes to the scenes of ICU/surgery room etc then it gets too much!  :( 

Going into a medical setting like a hospital or most doctors offices is a nightmare for me due to most of the same reasons as you. I've had so many bad experiences in such settings. The smell of rubbing alcohol always freaks me out and associate it with being stuck with needles.  I had to get small amounts of blood drawn routinely when I was younger.  I would always feel sick and tired after that  :P Doctors offices are always freezing cold, and that's even worse when I have to strip down to my boxers for a full physical examination.  Anything involving my blood or anyone else's is horrific to me.  There's nothing enjoyable about going to the hospital and being around other people who are in pain and worrying about catching someone else's illness.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 05:14:15 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Going into a medical setting like a hospital or most doctors offices is a nightmare for me due to most of the same reasons as you. I've had so many bad experiences in such settings. The smell of rubbing alcohol always freaks me out and associate it with being stuck with needles.  I had to get small amounts of blood drawn routinely when I was younger.  I would always feel sick and tired after that  :P Doctors offices are always freezing cold, and that's even worse when I have to strip down to my boxers for a full physical examination.  Anything involving my blood or anyone else's is horrific to me.  There's nothing enjoyable about going to the hospital and being around other people who are in pain and worrying about catching someone else's illness.
this may sound stupid... but on a few occasions my own shadow startled me... mostly happens at night, it does not help that i light my room with red lights in that particular situation lmao

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Aveoguy22
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 09:06:19 PM » Author: Aveoguy22

I'm a hypochondriac so i can relate to this.  i dont like hospitals or doctors offices at all, despite never having actually stayed in a hospital myself.  i spent a considerable amount of time in a few with both my Grandparents (now all gone) at one point or another so that doesnt help either.  Heres a tip: dont google medical symptoms, its always cancer.  ::) ::)
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 09:28:33 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I'm also scared of staying in hospitals overnight. I've never stayed in one overnight before but my brother has when he collapsed at the age of 10. I rushed him there myself.

However, I've been there twice for accidental injuries to get stitches and that was bad enough for me.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #81 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:19 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
oh sorry... lol i did not mean to quote that... sorry I'm tired, but i can relate somewhat to that, i hate the smell, it makes me want to gag, or atleast the thought of it at this very moment does, I'm not necessarily scared of blood, but i hate the smell of blood, to me it smells of rotted flesh (not sure why), copper and iron, it is not pleasant when I'm in a room with someone with an injury of that sort, or when I myself get an injury of that sort.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 09:31:45 PM » Author: wattMaster
I'm scared of crowded places, because I can easily get lost and not know the way back to a less crowded area.
Another thing that scares me are wasp nests, even if they're abandoned.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #83 on: September 25, 2017, 09:33:18 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
We all make mistakes Owen. ;D

Yeah flesh and blood is unpleasant, however I'm trained with first aid so yeah I've seen my fair share of cuts, bruses, scratches and flesh. :-[

I'm scared of crowded places, because I can easily get lost and not know the way back to a less crowded area.

I hate crowded places myself, I get a bit anxious around heavy crowds and I'm also scared of wasp nests regardless if they are active or not. :)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #84 on: September 25, 2017, 09:41:52 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've been stung by wasps on a few occassions, the most recent one, was the first time i all out attacked a nest, i was pissed, i was out weeding a garden at my work and suddenly felt a stinging in my arm, i looked over and saw a wasp, i slapped the thing (not smart but was not thinking straight) and killed it, then its nest that was near by i beat with a peen hammer (also really not smart), then blasted with wasp spray.. i was really caught by suprise there, and was already low blood sugar so i was not in the mood for that lmao.

~Owen

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #85 on: September 25, 2017, 11:02:41 PM » Author: CEB1993

Same here wattMaster.  Big crowds really bother me as I begin to feel closed in and worry about getting separated from my family or friends.  I feel like I cannot escape if I need to.  Wasp nests really scare me too.  I don't like wasps, and thinking about a whole clan of them living in one place, ready to swarm and attack, AHHH :o

I can remember an old wasp nest used as a decoration in a rustic style restaurant.  The dern thing was as big as my head and still made my skin crawl even though I knew it was totally uninhabited.

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #86 on: September 26, 2017, 12:55:38 AM » Author: Lodge
Those Snails look yummy, I've never had them anywhere else but my own house, but if I make it to France I'll be sure to try them there.. And wasps nests, the neatest thing I used to do as a kid was hang up several sheets of brightly colored construction paper around a nest and let them use it to make there nest with it, they would end up all sorts of colors, but generally as a kid you don't get scared by things like wasps, now after getting stung like 40 times in under two minutes because you accidentally disturbed them, they now get the pressure washer and 3100 PSI and a 0 deg jet just to make sure it never happens again, empty or not and it leaves the surface they used to call home nice and clean all while standing safely 20 feet away and they can't fly back down the stream the mist just pushes them away..   
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #87 on: October 04, 2017, 10:38:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
There are certain situations that scare me too:

Eating food that is past the expiration date
Getting lost in the woods with no cellphone
Suddenly feeling sick to my stomach and having no access to a bathroom
Being stalked or spied on by a criminal or attacker
That strange feeling that you are being "watched" when you're alone
Getting trapped in a panicking mob scene (My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the Las Vegas tragedy.)
Having someone break into my car
Getting yelled at, threatened, or bullied
Most horror movies (I'm a comedy guy  ;D)

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #88 on: October 05, 2017, 01:09:17 AM » Author: Lodge
There are certain situations that scare me too:

Eating food that is past the expiration date
Getting lost in the woods with no cellphone
Suddenly feeling sick to my stomach and having no access to a bathroom
Being stalked or spied on by a criminal or attacker
That strange feeling that you are being "watched" when you're alone
Getting trapped in a panicking mob scene (My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the Las Vegas tragedy.)
Having someone break into my car
Getting yelled at, threatened, or bullied
Most horror movies (I'm a comedy guy  ;D)

;D They print expiry dates on food ? I just stop eating it when it tastes bad, don't let the marketing fool you, really, just because the carton of milk tells you it's good until Oct 5 2017 doesn't mean it will magically go bad at 12:01 Am on the 5, and if you keep in in a fridge that's really a converted deep freeze running at 1 dec C (34 F) it will still be good for three weeks past that date on the carton easy sometimes it can be five weeks.. And while this article talks about Canadian food requirements it has some good info in it, and in reality most of our rules are very similar to the US rules  http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/best-before-dates-and-expiry-dates-5-things-you-may-not-know-1.3006858  plus who doesn't like mouldy cheese, I really do like blue cheese...

About getting lost, yep getting lost sucks, but then again I really like going to areas of the woods where there is no cell service, people then actually have to talk because texting no longer works and facebook can't send you updates, I know all the campsites and trails around me where the phone doesn't work, but I don't like getting lost so I do take a GPS, a spot, and a VHF/UHF radio with me but so far I haven't had to use the spot..

But the rest of them, ya they are not very pleasant, except the last one, the walking dead is the only show I have to watch, my whole world stops on Sundays when it comes on..     
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #89 on: October 06, 2017, 08:32:21 AM » Author: CEB1993
Unusual noises coming from my car. They make me think something has malfunctioned and I'll have to go to the shop to get an expensive repair. Just yesterday I had a startling moment when I was backing my car out of a parking space. When I began to roll backwards, I heard a loud metallic "crack!" come from the back of my car. I was certain I had backed into the car behind me :o However, when I got out, there was about 2 feet between the back of my car and the front of the other car. I've been having some metallic scraping noises come from the back of my car over the past month, probably a bad strut or worn brake pads. I like my car to always be in perfect working order.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies