Author Topic: People disturbing me during editing the article "Xenon" in Wikipedia  (Read 1489 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

People disturbing me during editing the article "Xenon" in Wikipedia « on: August 01, 2016, 03:33:07 AM » Author: dor123
At "Xenon" in Wikipedia, I'm shocked to read, that the automotive HID headlights, included as one of the applications of xenon arc lamps, which is, of course, false. As I've an account in Wikipedia, and I edited numerous articles in the Hebrew Wikipedia, I decided to login, than tryed to remove this mentioning from this article, with an explaining that the technology of automotive HID headlights is metal halide lamp and not xenon arc lamp, and that "Xenon" is used as a generic name for the technology, like "LED" for LED backlit LCD Display and "Circline" for circular fluorescent lamps, but users that have zero knowledge in lighting, always undone my editing without any logical reason (See my user talk) .
Can you help me to get rid of them, and remove the mentioning of automotive HID headlights from the article about "Xenon" (I think there are other places in Wikipedia, which falsely mentions xenon discharge lamps, as a technology of automotive HID headlight)?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: People disturbing me during editing the article "Xenon" in Wikipedia « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 08:03:14 AM » Author: sol
If you mention where you get your information, it should be good. I believe it is required to write in Wikipedia. The same applies to all kinds of research papers for school or university. If you don't cite your sources, the information you provide is not considered credible regardless of the facts.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: People disturbing me during editing the article "Xenon" in Wikipedia « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 01:39:59 AM » Author: dor123
I can't cite any source in the edit summery, but only in the talk page.
Anyway, I once again tryed to remove the mentioning of the automotive HID headlights from the article,but this time also adding the fact that the term "Xenon" is often used as a generic name for automotive HID headlights while these are actaully metal halide lamps, and linked the "HID" with the Headlamp article, but they still undone my edit without receiving any notification in the website or at the email, and the reason the user that did the undone was: "No improvement.".

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: People disturbing me during editing the article "Xenon" in Wikipedia « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 08:11:54 AM » Author: wattMaster
Maybe try telling without doing any edits that the Xenon section needs a change, that can likely get your edit not removed.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: People disturbing me during editing the article "Xenon" in Wikipedia « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 08:11:17 PM » Author: RCM442
Maybe try telling without doing any edits that the Xenon section needs a change, that can likely get your edit not removed.
Still needs a citation in order for any edits to happen. and yes, xenon automotive headlights HID or otherwise DO contain xenon!

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: People disturbing me during editing the article "Xenon" in Wikipedia « Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 02:46:10 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Looking back at the edits you made to the page, it should be mentioned that poor wording is also grounds for removal. I understand you're not a native English speaker, but it's worth noting.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies