Author Topic: Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard???  (Read 1817 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard??? « on: August 02, 2016, 07:04:15 PM » Author: Lumex120
https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/4vslab/what_is_this_cylindricaldisk_stuck_in_my_grass/

Any idea why someone would do this?

Unofficial LG Discord

refridgedude1841

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard??? « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 09:36:17 PM » Author: refridgedude1841
Couldn't put it out with the trash and didn't want to haul it somewhere maybe?

Are the blades buried too?

I posted a link to this on the AFCA...someone there might be able to shed some light on it's age
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:39:19 PM by refridgedude1841 » Logged
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard??? « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:37:32 PM » Author: wattMaster
I would expect the blades to stick out.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

refridgedude1841

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard??? « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:40:39 PM » Author: refridgedude1841
Yea unless they removed them...I just realized now its not his fan...so he probably wouldn't know if the blades were with it too...I missed the fact that it was a reddit post the 1st time around :)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard??? « Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 10:52:23 PM » Author: Lumex120
Couldn't put it out with the trash and didn't want to haul it somewhere maybe?

Are the blades buried too?

I posted a link to this on the AFCA...someone there might be able to shed some light on it's age
Thanks. I wanted to post a comment asking if they found blades but it was locked.  :(

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard??? « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 01:34:53 AM » Author: tolivac
In home lots have seen builders try to bury stuff in them like a landfill-the householder only to find the things later while planting or digging a trench for wiring or plumbing the owner is adding.A ceiling fan tops them all.Probably just the motor.If a dozer buried it-most lots are leveled this way-then it would break the blades off if they were mounted.While excavating for water pipes for my house the backhoe brought up a few bucketfulls of bricks.They were digging trenches for the new replacement pipes and locating the old water main.My side yard is well tilled-earlier the power company had to dig for their underground powerlines to repair the one going to my house.They replanted grass where they dug-the water company is supposed to do the same when the water main is replaced.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Industrial ceiling fan buried in backyard??? « Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:23 PM » Author: Lumex120
In home lots have seen builders try to bury stuff in them like a landfill-the householder only to find the things later while planting or digging a trench for wiring or plumbing the owner is adding.A ceiling fan tops them all.Probably just the motor.If a dozer buried it-most lots are leveled this way-then it would break the blades off if they were mounted.While excavating for water pipes for my house the backhoe brought up a few bucketfulls of bricks.They were digging trenches for the new replacement pipes and locating the old water main.My side yard is well tilled-earlier the power company had to dig for their underground powerlines to repair the one going to my house.They replanted grass where they dug-the water company is supposed to do the same when the water main is replaced.
I would love to find an old streetlight buried somewhere... now THAT would top it off!

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies