Author Topic: HPS High Bays  (Read 4360 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

HPS High Bays « on: September 01, 2016, 04:04:01 PM » Author: wattMaster
How common are HPS high bay fixtures? It seems like there would be almost none of them because high bays are used where color is usually important.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 04:16:32 PM » Author: Medved
How common are HPS high bay fixtures? It seems like there would be almost none of them because high bays are used where color is usually important.

Heavy industry (steel foundries,...) or so...

No more selfballasted c***

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 04:22:50 PM » Author: wattMaster

Heavy industry (steel foundries,...) or so...
I was thinking of places like gymnasiums and warehouses.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 04:54:03 PM » Author: Medved
There the higher color rendering became required as well (when it is not with such huge premium cost as it was the case some decade ago).
The technology  had matured so it is quite well predictable, when to replace the bulbs and do other maintenance to prevent unexpected failures.
Or how to tackle them (twin arc lamps, fixture pairs with both lamps parallel on a single ballast to get redundancy so prevent cycling,...)

No more selfballasted c***

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 04:55:22 PM » Author: wattMaster
There the higher color rendering became required as well (when it is not with such huge premium cost as it was the case some decade ago).
The technology  had matured so it is quite well predictable, when to replace the bulbs and do other maintenance to prevent unexpected failures.
Or how to tackle them (twin arc lamps, fixture pairs with both lamps parallel on a single ballast to get redundancy so prevent cycling,...)
So heavy industry now needs high color rendering?

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 05:13:18 PM » Author: Ash
Depends which..

One place where i worked as IT had big warehouses, most of which were lit with checkerboard pattern of highbays of 250W Merc and 150W HPS

The shadows were colorful and weird looking, but visibility in the place was excellent, and so was the reliability of the system (never seen lamps out, allthough there was no on-site maintenance personnel, all replacements were done once in a year or so, by electrician that would come and swap a few lamps which appeared color shifted or dim to him)

Hot restrike was like : random few of the HPS restrike immediately, the rest flash on the ignitors and most of them restrike within half minute or so. 5 minutes there is only HPS light. Then the Mercs start coming up
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 05:28:56 PM » Author: wattMaster
If only that was done here. You just have to get a PSMH high bay and get rid of the ignitor.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 06:03:30 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
They are VERY common here in the USA. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 06:09:41 PM » Author: wattMaster
They are VERY common here in the USA. 
For some reason, I almost never see them.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 06:34:21 PM » Author: Lumex120
Last year I saw tons of them in a garbage processing facility. Mind you, it literally smelled worse than inside sewers there (don't ask how I know that. it's nasty.)

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 06:40:08 PM » Author: wattMaster
Last year I saw tons of them in a garbage processing facility. Mind you, it literally smelled worse than inside sewers there (don't ask how I know that. it's nasty.)
Maybe the ballast is burning up?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 06:45:57 PM » Author: Lumex120
Maybe the ballast is burning up?
No, the fixtures don't smell, the facility did.  :P

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 06:47:27 PM » Author: wattMaster
Can't they just install some air fragrance spreaders?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 07:24:15 PM » Author: Lumex120
No. It's a huge facility plus the smell was so overpowering you could smell it even when you weren't breathing.  :o

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS High Bays « Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 07:25:32 PM » Author: wattMaster
No. It's a huge facility plus the smell was so overpowering you could smell it even when you weren't breathing.  :o
What about a lot of ventilation?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies