Author Topic: Minneapolis area street lighting  (Read 18219 times)
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 08:08:32 PM » Author: mdcastle
Xcel isn't doing LEDs for district (underground metal pole) streetlighting yet either. There's more new HPS fixtures going up on Lyndale Ave in Bloomington right now.

Interesting that the Mn/DOT Cooper 250 and 400 watt equivalent fixtures have identical emitters; the 400 watt equivalent is just driven harder. The American Electric fixtures there is a difference (4 clusters of emitters instead of 3)
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 09:55:32 PM » Author: mdcastle
Another thing that happened is an LED lantern near my mother/stepfather's house that Shakopee Public Utilities owns went bad. Apparently they didn't have a replacement LED lantern around so they replaced it with an HPS unit.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 05:03:03 PM » Author: Lumex120
Another thing that happened is an LED lantern near my mother/stepfather's house that Shakopee Public Utilities owns went bad. Apparently they didn't have a replacement LED lantern around so they replaced it with an HPS unit.
That's interesting.

All I can say is if they replace the HPS light outside of my house, I probably will move. We are supposed to be moving to Canada soon anyway.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 05:05:26 PM » Author: wattMaster
We are supposed to be moving to Canada soon anyway.
Canada? :o

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 01:15:28 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Canada!?  Why Canada!?  (this coming from a man who has some Canadian blood in him, and does love his neighbors to the north, ha ha)

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 12:55:54 PM » Author: mdcastle
The aqua area, excluding St. Paul is the Xcel area that will have all the wood pole lights replaced.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 04:25:16 PM » Author: Lumex120
The aqua area, excluding St. Paul is the Xcel area that will have all the wood pole lights replaced.
As my luck will have it, Columbia heights is right in the middle of that.  :(
With my luck maybe I will be able to catch them in the act of changing it out and be able to get it. If I have my OV 15 up then in the yard I could just show them that so that they see I am not just some crazy guy who wants an old "inefficient" street light. Of course I will probably be gone when they replace it.

Unofficial LG Discord

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 10:42:03 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
They use Sturgeon electric here in Denver as their contractor that was doing all the retrofitting.  Do they use contractors out there as well?

EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 08:42:48 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Sad news  :'(. Mass conversion of most of the remaining streetlights is underway in St. Cloud. The conversions started last week sometime, and I would estimate as of today that about 35-40% of the total lights have been converted, with many more to be converted within the next week or two. The good news, however, is that the county hasn't begun conversions yet, so many of the main roads around St. Cloud will still be HPS, at least for a little while. 
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 04:54:39 PM » Author: mdcastle
Most of the metal halide shoeboxes at Valleyfair now have LED corncob bulbs, presumably put in when they were installing gels for the halloween event. They're a lot brighter then the remaining old metal halide lamps.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 06:04:11 PM » Author: Lumex120
Most of the metal halide shoeboxes at Valleyfair now have LED corncob bulbs, presumably put in when they were installing gels for the halloween event. They're a lot brighter then the remaining old metal halide lamps.
Trust me... they ain't gonna be bright for long...  :P

Unofficial LG Discord

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 11:30:09 PM » Author: mdcastle
The first Xcel LED cobraheads are appearing in Richfield and Bloomington, they appear to be GE Evolves.
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 07:55:17 PM » Author: mdcastle
And 30 years of HPS lighting has ended on my street. I'm a bit sad to see the sodium lights go. I still remember 30 years ago when the change was made from mercury vapor to HPS and I was sad about that too.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 08:08:37 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
You'll quickly grow to love the 4100K ish  LED lighting. 

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Minneapolis area street lighting « Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 08:54:46 PM » Author: mdcastle
And two LEDs are dead already, Time to report them to Xcel.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies