Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249664 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1305 on: December 31, 2022, 03:53:22 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Added another light to my kitchen in my dark ‘alcove’ area!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1306 on: January 07, 2023, 09:49:52 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We got our Pointolite litted with the 6V SLA battery that we bought for the purpose.  :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1307 on: January 07, 2023, 10:31:32 AM » Author: Rommie
Now all we need to do is get a project box to build it all into  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1308 on: January 11, 2023, 12:31:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I fitted a replacement glass globe into one of my oily lampses.  :oil-ltn: :bulbman:

The original glass cracked on Sunday after getting water splashed onto it.  :sadbulb:  :oil-ltn:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1309 on: January 11, 2023, 01:23:58 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Ouch :(
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1310 on: January 11, 2023, 01:24:54 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Picked up a Philips MI80 in the form of the kombipak from the streets :sox35:
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1311 on: January 11, 2023, 01:37:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ AH_87: The replacement I got was NOS and still has the sticker on it.   8) :oil-ltn:

Not a bad price either, seventeen quid including postage.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1312 on: January 11, 2023, 01:43:43 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Not bad at all, but still a bummer the old one broke :sadbulb:
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1313 on: January 11, 2023, 01:46:12 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yeah, but these things happen...  :curse:

Especially when it's on the end of the bath... :-[

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1314 on: January 12, 2023, 03:14:22 PM » Author: Rommie
We're running our lovely old 280W SOI/H lamp again, and what a wonderful light he's giving  :lps: :lps:  :love: 8)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1315 on: January 12, 2023, 03:16:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
So we're going to be eating under LPS light again...  :lps: :lol:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1316 on: January 12, 2023, 03:23:12 PM » Author: Rommie
That's ok, baked beans still look the right colour  :mrg:

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1317 on: January 26, 2023, 12:34:52 PM » Author: thelightingman
The other day I installed some T5 fixtures on my cabinets so they light up the ceiling and it looks pretty cool, pictures coming soon.  :a_fluor:

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1318 on: January 28, 2023, 01:43:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We combined two lengths of two core braided flex into a single length of four core flex, so that when we start to rewire our Pointolite control gear we have the correct flex to do it with.  :bulbman:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1319 on: January 30, 2023, 06:40:29 AM » Author: Michael
Just removed two old 6m tall Aluminium poles from service with their Iridiums running Sodium lamps and interconnected the ground cables to keep the rest of the street lit.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies