Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254420 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #75 on: October 08, 2017, 08:57:45 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
upgraded my room lamp, now it is much more balanced.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #76 on: October 09, 2017, 09:22:50 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but on the weekend...
I broke out the xmas lights and started putting up .lol.
(and no they're not 'on' .. and won't be til thanksgiving)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #77 on: October 12, 2017, 09:32:18 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Building a chandelier for stagecraft... using stupid cheapo chinese LED lamps that are not filaments but thats what the supervisor wanted because "no heat" pfft... i want to use omni directional light sources not this bullsh*t, but ohwell... it'll prob still turn out nice, building it with a friend, shes gonna spray paint it and put of beads and I'm doing the wiring and some of the drilling

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #78 on: October 17, 2017, 10:38:32 PM » Author: CEB1993
I finished another whiskey bottle lamp for a friend's birthday present. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #79 on: October 18, 2017, 01:16:00 AM » Author: tolivac
Just received a 630W dual lamp(315W) CMH light-love this thing!Great warm color!Normally used as a plant light.Like it for gen lighting.Has an electronic 120V/240V primary voltage ballst-sec is 100V 6A-3 A per lamp.The lamps have polarized bipin twist lock base.PGZ-18.Now have a great liking for CMH lights.Good,constant color and light output.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #80 on: October 25, 2017, 10:57:58 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Connected up my Halloween lights this afternoon/evening
(did some sequencing (programing) for them yesterday)
All ready to go now :)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #81 on: October 28, 2017, 12:47:28 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'm posting this while at a meetup of local people into lights...
.lol.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #82 on: October 28, 2017, 08:21:49 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Once my hearing improves, maybe one of these days I'll join the gang. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #83 on: October 29, 2017, 12:51:17 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
modified my lights once more, refined my room light and replaced a reflector on my 70W flood.

~Owen

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #84 on: October 29, 2017, 11:06:59 AM » Author: Rommie
Nothing so far, but later I'll probably start making a display board for my 60W SO/H lamp.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #85 on: October 29, 2017, 11:16:10 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
After the above mentioned meetup, I went to an auction - not light or electrical related - but I did pick up a few fluorescent lamps there.

@RyanF40T12:
If you like Christmas lights/decorating at all, the guys there have some really cool stuff! Its usually a fairly small group, feel free to attend (anyone is welcome, there is no "offical" group or signing-up/costs/etc).
There'll be another meetup in January (probably the last weekend of it)...If you want I can send you details sometime around mid-Jan.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #86 on: October 29, 2017, 11:17:55 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Sounds good. 

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #87 on: October 30, 2017, 12:02:46 AM » Author: funkybulb
Me just took my 8 foot pop pack out of service today
LP30/28and LP40 comming down next

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #88 on: November 01, 2017, 09:23:40 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
replaced 1 dual circuline fixture with a bad ballast with a new fixture.  (Dual = 1 22 Watt & 1 32 watt circuline bulb in the fixture)  and swapped out another larger circuline fixture (1 32 watt circuline bulb and 1 40 watt circuline bulb) that had a bad ballast.  These things suck.  Very poor light output.  Not a fan of circuline fixtures. 

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #89 on: November 21, 2017, 10:01:21 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I swapped out an old 175W MH wallpack ballast for a 150W HPS ballast with new bulb at one church building. 

At that same building, I got up on the manlift and changed out 3 fried 40 year old GE Bonusline tar burner F40T12 ballasts.   Thankfully these didn't spew out any of the tar but they got SUPER hot.  melted wiring in half.  Damaged a fixture.  Will go back later this week and paint the fixture up. 

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies