Author Topic: Lighting Collecting While Traveling/Being Transit thread...  (Read 1507 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Lighting Collecting While Traveling/Being Transit thread... « on: October 23, 2016, 09:36:47 PM » Author: ace100w120v
OK, I finally had to throw this question out there.  How many of you have kept on collecting while traveling or being away from home, i.e living in college dorms too far from home to reasonably travel even on weekends, while working away from home, etc?  I've found myself still acquiring lighting stuff despite sharing a 9X17 college dorm room with a thankfully accommodating and understanding roommate.  Storing my F40 cases under my bed, fixtures on top of shelves as indirect lighting, a case of F15T8 lamps and an M57 kit on top of my wardrobe,  a couple BT28 175w MV lamps sitting on my desk, it definitely looks like a lighting enthusiast lives here.  If there's a huge earthquake and all the lamps break  they'll have to condemn the building with all this mercury, well hopefully not.  Let's hear your stories about dragging stuff back to wherever you're staying and trying to ship stuff home! 
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Lighting Collecting While Traveling/Being Transit thread... « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 01:08:49 AM » Author: nicksfans
The last few times I've been to Texas, I've come back with lighting stuff (mostly from Jeremy, whom I visited and brought some of my stuff to). I also stopped at a ReStore in Canada over the summer and grabbed a few things. My college situation is different from yours as it's only about a half-hour drive home. I'm actually considering just commuting next fall.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lighting Collecting While Traveling/Being Transit thread... « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 02:20:45 AM » Author: funkybulb
When I was living in Waco Texas for my electrical traning .  I had all my electrical stuff a d few lighting
Stuff.  On my last 3 months of my stay there
My transportation there was a bicycle
Anyway i transported couple of boxes
Of electrical and lighting stuff on Greyhound
Bus to San Antonio.  I did that few times
Then final move was fit every thing i own
In moms 2001 dodge Stratus. Except for my
Bycycle and some of my books  few days
Of clothes on my back. And threw my bike
On grayhound bus. Took the city bus in San Antonio
With my bicycle. Road out 40 miles home.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies