Author Topic: getting rid of old paint  (Read 2965 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

getting rid of old paint « on: August 09, 2006, 10:58:47 PM » Author: prawnman88
i have a question on my ge form 79 has 2 shades of 50 + yr old paint what should u use to remove it ? gel acertone ? its a all aluminum bell housing and upper part i have some nice real dark green paint i want to use thx for any help
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: getting rid of old paint « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:11:03 PM » Author: prawnman88
found some super paint stripper in a spray can form at a walmart also the light bulb section is awsome i seem to get stuck there often  :P ::)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: getting rid of old paint « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 01:35:10 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I HATE when some people paint the luminaire with house paint! Last oldie I'm bringing back! Lol.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: getting rid of old paint « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 12:37:07 AM » Author: joseph_125
Agreed. I have a old Eagle traffic signal that was repainted with brush on house paint. Eventually I'm going to use some paint stripper to strip it down and give it a nice new paint job.

I got some gel stripper at the hardware store that worked pretty well when I repainted some visors from a different traffic signal this summer.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies