Author Topic: HPS With Air  (Read 1120 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

HPS With Air « on: February 25, 2017, 05:04:02 PM » Author: wattMaster
Are HPS lamps with air inside still usable? I have one that might have a vacuum leakage.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: HPS With Air « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 07:44:34 PM » Author: RCM442
Won't warm up as much with air and the seals will oxidize after a while because of oxygen in the air reacting with them.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: HPS With Air « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:31:06 AM » Author: dor123
I think this is the failure mechanism of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E we have in Qiryat Ata, as when they cycle (Temporarily), they restrike at much lower pressure than most HPS lamps (There is one at the first lantern of my street, that shows a glow discharge in the outerbulb during its two cycles, as a result of a slow air leakage), finally turning ON and OFF at orange color for a long time before finally reaching full brightness. and than dimming to orange color and stop working at the same night they began to dim to orange color.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: HPS With Air « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:26:26 PM » Author: Lodge
Has the gas getter gone white ( normally it's the shinny silver spot on the glass ) if it has, you have air in the tube, but you can burn them until they die if you like, they will fail and sodium's generally fail gracefully, unlike metal halides, and you might not get it to full brightness but I've seen lights running missing the entire outer envelope, how long they last I can't say you would need to ask the kid with pocket full of marbles and the sling shot to ask them when they smashed it, maybe a year, maybe a day... 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies