Author Topic: I've been gone for a long time  (Read 1315 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

I've been gone for a long time « on: February 26, 2017, 11:25:23 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
For those of you who remember me, yes I'm still alive, and I'm still collecting lighting, but not to the extent that I used to. Vintage color TV's have completely consumed me, and I have had virtually no interest in lighting for a quite a while. School's also been running me ragged, and by the time I get back home, I'm really tired. I've been pretty active on Videokarma.org, and I haven't even signed into Lighting Gallery in months. I'll try to start being a little more active on here, I kind of miss the good old days of talking about lights with you great folks. Just a quick little update to let you all know what's been going on in Dave's world.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've been gone for a long time « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:04:20 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
We need to have a talk about those TVs, son.  But welcome back

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've been gone for a long time « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:33:21 AM » Author: tolivac
Used to deal with old TV's but not now.Lost interest in them.The real vintage ones are harder to find.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've been gone for a long time « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:09:08 AM » Author: Ash
Wellcome back !

Are there any repair experts in that other forum ? I got a couple 90s CRT boxes that stopped working, i suspect dried caps but not sure and none have bulging top
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've been gone for a long time « Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:28:22 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I don't really deal with anything past the late 70's. The real action is 60's TV's. I love em.
RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: I've been gone for a long time « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 12:27:35 PM » Author: RCM442
Wellcome back !

Are there any repair experts in that other forum ? I got a couple 90s CRT boxes that stopped working, i suspect dried caps but not sure and none have bulging top
Could be dried caps, or could be cracked solder joints. Did you check them?

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've been gone for a long time « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 01:08:57 PM » Author: Ash
Not too throughtly as i had not much time for that. Its a "project for someday". In both of them the problem looks like power to something is missing
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies