Author Topic: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium?  (Read 1908 times)
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « on: March 02, 2017, 11:56:29 PM » Author: takemorepills
Was at my local Lowe's recently, they had lots of GE F40T12 BLB lamps, made in USA in stock.

Are these going extinct soon? Are they still being manufactured?

Really thinking about picking up a few before they are no longer available. Also, played around with UV LED lamps and  they are no where near as good as fluorescent BLB, so I am definitely keen on getting a few more tubes before they are gone.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 09:12:02 AM » Author: wattMaster
I still see lots of Philips BLB tubes at Home Depot, so that makes me think that they are still made.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 02:11:38 PM » Author: Lodge
The Lowes by me has two boxes in stock all the time and they have been my goto place for BLB's, at first I though it was a pricing mistake they are like a 1/3 of the cost of every other store in town but it hasn't changed much in years, and the guy in the store said lots of people use them for UV curing resins and paints, and he said people will buy entire boxes of them at a time so I don't see them vanishing anytime soon, there is some applications where LED's just aren't the best choice, and there is also a coffee shop down the road from there and they installed them in there bathroom which was also not the best choice, well unless you really clean them good, but lots of other businesses like bars,clubs, and bowling alleys are fairly heavy users as well, and they seem to clear out just before Halloween so they should stick around for a while, unless UV leds really nosedive in price.. 
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 01:57:39 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Lamps such as BLB and Plant/Aquarium and maybe full spectrum are specialty lamps and are exempt from the regulations

Administrator #5

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 02:42:40 PM » Author: takemorepills
Just bought a few more GE F40T12BLB bulbs. In WA State, these cost $14.22 each.

Anyways, thought I'd stock up on them before USA made bulbs are no longer available. I have a feeling that even though these bulbs are not on a ban list, they likely aren't made here, or will soon cease to be made here. And T12 fixtures are becoming rarer, so I don't see much incentive for GE to keep making them. Especially since the typical blacklight venues such as bowling alleys and skating rinks around me have abandoned fluorescent blacklights for LED. I have some LED blacklight fixtures and there is no comparison. LED fixtures make WAY too much visible purple light, reducing the glow-contrast effect. Also, some colors don't fluoresce very well under LED. I do use a mix of LED and CFL blacklights above my fooseball table so there is some usable light.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:41:19 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I still have yet to see a F32T8/BLB in person, but its easy to come across F40T12's in stores (and occasionally the 36w T8's)
since they're a decorative/specialty thing I expect they'll be around for some time still :)

--
I picked myself a couple 6-pk cases of F40 BLB's a few years ago when the local ReStore had them...so I have a lifetime supply :lol:

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

bryanrb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 07:54:35 PM » Author: bryanrb
Actually, there are quite a few places that still use the F40BLB tubes. Night clubs, bars, and bowling rinks. They beat the CFL and LED ones hands down. I got a GE F20T12BLB for $3 on clearance at my local walmart.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 08:01:45 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Bowling alley near me as well as bars and nightclubs still widely use F40T12/BLB and they are still sold in stores also.

Blacklight.com sells black light lamps such as the F32T8/BLB , F40T8/BLB, F20T12/BLB and also the F20T8/BLB. They also have BLB T5s and PL types. Even the F30T12. Oddly there is no F40T12 offered..

Administrator #5

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 08:33:33 PM » Author: Lodge
Bowling alley near me as well as bars and nightclubs still widely use F40T12/BLB and they are still sold in stores also.

Blacklight.com sells black light lamps such as the F32T8/BLB , F40T8/BLB, F20T12/BLB and also the F20T8/BLB. They also have BLB T5s and PL types. Even the F30T12. Oddly there is no F40T12 offered..

If you want a F40T12 BLB by GE Lowes has them for $8.99 each if they are more in your local lowes just price match them to the Edmonton store, they will do that, and if they are cheaper there let me know so I can do it here..
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F40T12 BLB soon to be unobtanium? « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 08:42:54 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Several months ago I bought GE F40T12/BLB from lowes I think they were 7.99 at the time. Canadian tire sells sylvania F40T12/BLB lamps and its on clearance for $7.93

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies