Author Topic: Photo Crop and Rotate  (Read 12769 times)
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Photo Crop and Rotate « on: March 05, 2017, 01:53:04 PM » Author: Patrick
We occasionally receive reports of the Crop & Rotate and Automatic Rotation features producing blank images.  In an effort to improve reliability, I have switched the gallery's image converter from GD2 to ImageMagick.  My initial testing suggests it is compatible with a wider variety of images, and hopefully this proves to be the case.  If you find that you are still unable to edit a photo, let us know.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 02:08:29 PM » Author: Ash
The original rotate didnt work everywhere because it was rewriting the position information of the image, not actually replacing the pixel data. ImageMagick does actual image processing (atleast when invoked with the right command), so i expect that it would work everywhere
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:06:43 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
LOL i use imagemagick alot, it comes with linux by default or atleast the distro i use

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 05:05:27 PM » Author: Ash
Installable under every linux system. Handy tool all the time

So you too are a Linux desktop user. I am one, i use Gentoo with KDE
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 05:18:20 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've never used Gentoo, but i have jumped between several different distros until i found my favorite one, i first started with Linux Mint, then jumped to ubuntu, the i used puppy linux for a bit then i i finnally landed on sparkylinux (debian) my favorite OS by far

i also have experience with windows all the way back to 3.1 (my elementary school had a couple WIN 3.1 computers) lack of funding...

i have no experience with apple..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 06:14:49 PM » Author: Ash
I tested out a few initially but didnt stay in any, untill i found Gentoo. That was in ~2004, my main OS was Windows 2000

Then in ~2007 i found out Arch, that used to be in a way similar to Gentoo but without compiling everything (which took very long on my old PCs)

Then in ~2013 Arch started going bad (in one word - systemd), but by this time i allready had much better computers, so the initial reason why i left Gentoo was gone. I came back to Gentoo as it is a good OS and it is one of the only distros that fully support installing the way i want it

In Windows i have used on my PC (and installed, and maintained) everything 3.11/95/98/Me/2000, and installed/administered everything XP/2003/Vista/7 on IT jobs. Now i am still in contact with IT, though i am shifting now towards electronics/electrics (ive allways been into it, but most of my jobs were in IT), so im not up to date on what changed since ~Windows 7 (not as admin anyway)

I had used Apple OSs on some friends' computers but its not something i'd get for myself

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 09:49:59 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Been on this OS for a long time... so it is all formatted how i like XD nice and clean, even customized the clock and put in resource monitors

and even the desktop wallpaper is my own work (took that a year or two ago while scavenging)

~Owen

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 01:26:42 AM » Author: Ash
Setting the desktop is possible everywhere and is more down to the desktop you use than to the OS. i mean more about core stuff. The thing that made me leave Arch is systemd, this thing now is mandatory in virtually all distros except Gentoo and a few small "rebel" distros forked from Arch
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 03:58:30 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Sorry for late reply, I am relatively new to Linux so I don't really care whether or not systemmd is in the os I'm using (Atleast yet) but there is one os I use that lacks it, based on Slackware, puppylinux

~Owen

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 03:26:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Both Ria and myself use Fedora 27 as our OS, and we're happy that it does what we want and it isn't Windoze  :P

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Photo Crop and Rotate « Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 04:49:20 PM » Author: Rommie
Both Ria and myself use Fedora 27 as our OS, and we're happy that it does what we want and it isn't Windoze  :P
With the Cinnamon desktop, incidentally :)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies