Author Topic: Is it safe to run a 18w LPS lamp by a 20 w flourescent lamp ballast?  (Read 2463 times)
lantern_vision

View Posts
View Gallery

|><| Be RATIONAL |><|

Is it safe to run a 18w LPS lamp by a 20 w flourescent lamp ballast? « on: June 02, 2008, 12:02:19 AM » Author: lantern_vision
It is for the time being impossible for me to find a suitable ballast for my LPS 18 w. So, as I have asked, is it safe to run it with 20 w flourescent ballast? I have already tried and seems ok???

><@hm><

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Is it safe to run a 18w LPS lamp by a 20 w flourescent lamp ballast? « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 05:11:34 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I did same thing.......see here but it was actually underdriven....

I recommend F32T8 electronic instant start ballast if you have such a thing. Works better.

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lantern_vision

View Posts
View Gallery

|><| Be RATIONAL |><|

Re: Is it safe to run a 18w LPS lamp by a 20 w flourescent lamp ballast? « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 05:16:54 PM » Author: lantern_vision
Ah thanks I will buy that ballast, is it for the circliners?

><@hm><

Mr. Big
Re: Is it safe to run a 18w LPS lamp by a 20 w flourescent lamp ballast? « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:37:36 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Nope, it's a ballast for a straight lamp, usually 4 foot and 32 watts
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Is it safe to run a 18w LPS lamp by a 20 w flourescent lamp ballast? « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 10:28:57 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Yes our famous widely used 4 foot T8 diameter lamps

example of a 4 lamp F32T8 they also come in 1 lamp ballast, 2 lamp ballast and even 3 and 4........I sometimes have to use 2 lamp ballast and connect the 2 wires together for more amps output...

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it safe to run a 18w LPS lamp by a 20 w flourescent lamp ballast? « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 09:07:58 AM » Author: J-Frog
Speaking of F32T8 ballasts I have been buying the older rapid start electronic ballasts for these lamps, more interesting startup and lamp burnouts too!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies