Author Topic: Why american ignitors, are specified with specific ballasts?  (Read 1134 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Why american ignitors, are specified with specific ballasts? « on: March 29, 2017, 07:38:44 AM » Author: dor123
While european ignitors can be used with all types and wattages ratings of HPS and MH ballasts, american ignitors are specified to specific type and wattage rating of ballast.
Why this is the case?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why american ignitors, are specified with specific ballasts? « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:29:22 AM » Author: Medved
Mainly with HPS, each lamp type and wattage has different arc voltage and different OCV (both are optimized to yield the maximum typical lamp efficacy for the given power level), so need different ignitor triggering voltage.

In Europe, virtually all ballasts are just a series choke, that means the OCV is the mains voltage, so the lamps are adopted to that. Because the voltages are fixed (not dependent on wattage,...), all require the same ignitor triggering voltage (~210V).

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Why american ignitors, are specified with specific ballasts? « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:18:30 AM » Author: dor123
Thanks.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies