Author Topic: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people?  (Read 15662 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 09:28:03 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
idk if I've responded to this in the past (too lazy to read through) But.. NO I DO NOT! lol i don't care what peeps think. infact some are even impressed, while others simply don't give a damn. nothing to hide here.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 10:29:19 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yep some can be impressed as well... case in point, my little brother. He knows about my interests in
motorcycles (as of now he's the only one in my entire family that knows I own one) and in lighting. Back when I had
my electronic metal halides as my main source of lighting in my living room, as soon as my brother walked in the
door and closed the door, I'd switch on the metal halides and just let em all fire up. My little bro always just sits
there staring at the lights and smiling. At one point he said, "I can see how this would turn a lot of people into
lighting enthusiasts." My brother isn't a lighting enthusiast at all, but I've been telling him lighting stories for years.
As for my living room, I've since put back up my desk lamps on my 8ft table and I use those as my main source of lighting in my
living room, for now.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 02:37:35 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'm really open with my passion for lighting with my family and my friends now that I know I can turn my specialized interest in lighting into a career and that it is a large and relevant field related to architecture and engineering to name a few.  Many people in my family come to me for advice about which light fixtures would look the best in a certain area.  I also help with choosing the right light bulbs for lamps.  My knowledge of lighting has been greatly helpful for my family and friends.  I gave one of my friends/roommates some GE Reveals to help with his reading and studying and offset the dull fluorescent light in our apartment.  I've given my grandparents GE soft pink bulbs to help beautify their house and make the living room more relaxing.

There's no need to hide what you're passionate about and truly interested in.  Pursuing your own interests is one of the best ways to live a happy and fulfilling life  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 03:15:04 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, I agree!

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 11:38:45 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I forget if i've posted in this thread before but....

No, I do not feel the need to Hide my HID's , Hiding My HID's is quite the Hideous Idea In my opinion.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 09:04:26 AM » Author: Rommie
I forget if i've posted in this thread before but....

No, I do not feel the need to Hide my HID's , Hiding My HID's is quite the Hideous Idea In my opinion.

You certainly can't hide them if they're switched on  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 06:49:02 PM » Author: Lodge
You certainly can't hide them if they're switched on  :D

And when Owen turns on his 1000 watt HPS I don't even think he can hide it from the neighbors...
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 06:55:27 PM » Author: Rommie
And when Owen turns on his 1000 watt HPS I don't even think he can hide it from the neighbors...

I've got a 1000W 120V incandescent that I've had for years but never lit, simply because I didn't have a 240/120V step-down transformer big enough.

Now I've got one (3.5kVA power tool transformer) I might just fire it up, watch this space  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 06:59:30 PM » Author: wattMaster
My lamps and bucket lights stay in the closet, but I don't try to hide the cobraheads. ;D

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 07:02:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
I don't hide any of my current lighting collection... actually, I'm kinda thinking about throwing in HO and VHO fluorescent
into the mix for real. lol
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:04:46 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #40 on: January 12, 2020, 02:24:39 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I thought I answered here before but i guess not.

I used to share my lighting on facebook many years ago but i got complaints from so called friends LOL so since then I keep it on the gallery only, though I may at times put a short video on youtube but only to link to the gallery. As for facebook I deleted everyone, burned all my bridges and got the account deleted. I did make another with a partially different name but just got a handful of family on it and I don't post at all and I never looked back. As for lighting, people know and I don't hide it. My gf and her family also know but they don't mind at all.

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #41 on: January 12, 2020, 03:21:17 PM » Author: Rommie
I thought I answered here before but i guess not.

I used to share my lighting on facebook many years ago but i got complaints from so called friends LOL so since then I keep it on the gallery only, though I may at times put a short video on youtube but only to link to the gallery. As for facebook I deleted everyone, burned all my bridges and got the account deleted. I did make another with a partially different name but just got a handful of family on it and I don't post at all and I never looked back. As for lighting, people know and I don't hide it. My gf and her family also know but they don't mind at all.

FB is a waste of time, I've never used it and never intend to. For some reason I occasionally get emails from them telling me so-called 'friends' I've never heard of want to make contact or show me what they had for breakfast that morning; where on earth they got my email address from I'll never know.

As for other people knowing about my collection, why should I hide it..? People collect all sorts of stuff from stamps to car wheel hubs, lighting is no different. There's an old saying we have that covers things like this - "Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter"  8)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 01:09:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think it's great that we share a love of collecting. :)

Though we do tend to egg each other on to buy lamps now...  :-\

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 10:55:48 PM » Author: suzukir122
Here at my new place, I've got 3 Sadelite desk lamps in my living room. Another one in my bedroom. I WILL be adding more
lighting very soon, in addition to the living room, bathroom, and bedroom.
Added to that, I've already brought people over, with all 3 Sadelite desk lamps on, no problem.
So far the only people I've brought are my younger bro, (RT Spacer on YouTube) my friend/coworker, and a long time
friend since high school, along with his girlfriend. Despite having no TV or TV stand yet, all 4 of them approved
of my new apartment, AND the lighting. So there you go.
I'm not hiding anything from anybody regarding my lighting or lighting interests, and as awesome as lighting can
be, I see absolutely zero reason to hide it from anyone else. If anything, you might even gain more lighting enthusiasts
by showing your interests in lighting. That's my take on it. It's too cool of an interest not to share.

Interests:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #44 on: January 30, 2020, 06:54:36 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
No. I kind of embrace it. It’s what makes me happy as far a music.
Plus I can always geek out vans say “F96T12”. To them which confuses them at first but I rant/explain the meaning of that to them. 
People like use should be valued for knowing much about lighting

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies