Author Topic: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people?  (Read 15697 times)
Desultory13
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #60 on: February 12, 2021, 01:46:55 AM » Author: Desultory13
Anyone that is over at my apartment is forced to see my lighting, as soon as I flip the switch. Same with my bike garage.
If you walk in my apartment, you're gonna see me fire up all four of my Rapid Start ballasted Sadelite desk lamps.
If you walk in my bike garage, you're gonna see me fire up 3 Par38 Metal Halides. So yeah, I don't hide my lighting. I proudly put
them to use if I've got friends over.
Well you've earned it. You've got it. So go ahead and fire it all up! Myself I'll watch with pride and respect. 8)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #61 on: February 12, 2021, 08:43:40 AM » Author: Rommie
I don’t invite people over period!, although this is nothing to do with lighting, and more to do with having an antisocial German Shepherd and a psychotic cat!  :'-) :'-)
Erm.. your cat's name wouldn't be Greebo by any chance, would it..?  >:D  :cat: :poof:  :DeAtH:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #62 on: February 12, 2021, 10:26:56 AM » Author: RadxD461
absolutely not! I tell everybody about my lighting collection, They all seem to like it. When people come over to my house, the first thing I say is do you want to see my room!
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #63 on: February 12, 2021, 12:22:09 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Around here you have to be blind to miss it :)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #64 on: February 12, 2021, 12:39:13 PM » Author: RadxD461
LOL!!
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #65 on: February 12, 2021, 02:31:32 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Erm.. your cat's name wouldn't be Greebo by any chance, would it..?  >:D  :cat: :poof:  :DeAtH:
Tiger Lilly, AKA psycho Lil!, she’s a daddy’s girl, doesn’t really do other people!  :lol:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #66 on: February 12, 2021, 02:43:19 PM » Author: Bulbman256

I’m sure the blind can still hear ballast hum! :lol: :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #67 on: February 12, 2021, 03:09:49 PM » Author: joseph_125
I’m sure the blind can still hear ballast hum! :lol: :mrg:

Or the heat when all the HIDs are going.  :'-) 8)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #68 on: February 12, 2021, 04:21:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Should we all be prepared to join LA... Lampaholics Anonymous.  :wndr:

Hello my name is Sammi and I'm a Lampaholic.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #69 on: February 12, 2021, 04:24:42 PM » Author: Rommie
Nothing anonymous about it, we all know who we are  :mrg:

Incidentally, even if we wanted to, we couldn't hide anything in this place, as soon as you walk through the front door there are lampses everywhere  :inc: :lps: :hps: :mv: :emh: :mvblb: :bumh: :mvc: :cfl1:  :sli: :son-t: :mv-t: :tumh: :stickcfl: :redcfl: :a_sl: :cflstickhd: :redcflhd: :par: :sox35: :sox18: :a_2d: :goldfinger:  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #70 on: February 18, 2021, 08:39:27 AM » Author: LightsDelight
I think I said something on here before but can't be bothered to check.

My friends (the ones at school) have no idea that I collect lighting. They know me as that dark, depressed, mechanic, petrol-head and Initial D fan.
My real mates know all about lighting as that is where I met them. Since we have plenty of similar interests I have gotten to know them better and they seem like top blokes.

If anyone mentions it I just say they are shed decorations like the massive collection of old number plates I collect just to try and cover the entire shed wall with  :lol:.

I don't go parading it around, I keep it more low profile so those who find out are the ones who see it.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #71 on: February 18, 2021, 08:42:04 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We mention it all the time when we get into conversation with people.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Do you hide your lamp related stuff from other people? « Reply #72 on: February 18, 2021, 08:54:43 AM » Author: LightsDelight
We mention it all the time when we get into conversation with people.  :mrg:
Most of the people I know are some of us lighting nuts :lol: Places like my work I don't mention a lot in my personal life as I am a private person. When I'm there we just keep to mechanics, 4x4 and sports, its a nice little place, get on well with them. Bloke about my age that works there sent me a video of a clutch that had literally exploded as he knew that's exactly what I want to see :lol:

Keep discharge lighting alive

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies