Author Topic: GE T5 Tubes (4, 6, 8 and 13W) 60s to 90s  (Read 717 times)
TL8W

View Posts
View Gallery

Lee

None
GE T5 Tubes (4, 6, 8 and 13W) 60s to 90s « on: May 18, 2017, 12:51:36 PM » Author: TL8W
Hi guys.

This one is particularly aimed at collectors in the States who I guess will have, or have seen, more of these than us this side of the pond.

I refer to the simple-etch GE T5 lamp where the legend would read something like

F6T5.CW*USA (with or without USA)

Forgetting any dots at the bottom, has anyone seen a lamp with a single dash (or single dot) ABOVE position 5 (such as the "C" in "CW" )

From the lamps I have seen in the pics there is only ever a single, moving marker at the top of the etch, and between 1 and 4 at the bottom. If there are indeed only 5 positions for the travelling marker we can look at it as a year in a 5-year cycle; whilst a quantity of 1-4 would suggest quarters like on the larger early lamps.

Obviously if someone finds they have a tube with a dash or dot beyond the 5th position then I'll have to go back to the drawing-board!!

If you don't feel comfortable discussing this topic in an open forum please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Lee

We do not have to agree on anything to be kind to one another. The ability to be civil is available to everyone on earth, for free.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies