Author Topic: All discharge lamps with mercury  (Read 1500 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

All discharge lamps with mercury « on: May 23, 2017, 02:23:28 PM » Author: micole66
What are all discharge lamps that contains mercury?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: All discharge lamps with mercury « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:26:09 PM » Author: dor123
Fluorescent, mercury vapour, high pressure sodium, metal halide and induction lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: All discharge lamps with mercury « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 02:28:33 PM » Author: micole66
And what discharge lamps are made most of mercury vapor?
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: All discharge lamps with mercury « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 02:31:19 PM » Author: micole66
Fluorescent, mercury vapour, high pressure sodium, metal halide and induction lamps.

And what discharge lamps are made most of mercury vapor?
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: All discharge lamps with mercury « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 02:43:41 PM » Author: Ash
If you are asking what Mercury Vapor lamp is the most common, i think it is the 125W for Europe sizes and 100 or 175 for US sizes

If you ask what lamp is made mostly of Mercury Vapor, none of them is. The Mercury content in the lamp is tiny part of the lamp contents, most of them are the other materials like other Metals, Quartz, Glass, Ceramics
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: All discharge lamps with mercury « Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 02:45:11 PM » Author: micole66
If you are asking what Mercury Vapor lamp is the most common, i think it is the 125W for Europe sizes and 100 or 175 for US sizes

If you ask what lamp is made mostly of Mercury Vapor, none of them is. The Mercury content in the lamp is tiny part of the lamp contents, most of them are the other materials like other Metals, Quartz, Glass, Ceramics

I mean if metal halide lamps are a type of mercury vapor lamp?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: All discharge lamps with mercury « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 03:07:44 PM » Author: dor123
Metal halide being developed from the mercury vapor, but have metal halide salts in additional to the mercury and the argon. American lamps initially used indium, thallium and sodium iodide for the blue, green and the orange lines in the spectrum. today they uses sodium and scandium iodides, as scandium have a very high initial efficiency, less color shift, and it produces many lines in the spectrum.
The europeans continued to use indium, thallium and sodium, and Osram developed dysprosium iodide for their cool daylight metal halide lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies