Author Topic: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop!  (Read 8451 times)
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 02:51:44 PM » Author: M250R201SA
---$200 is way too much for that light."---
You got that right.!!  My jaw almost dropped hearing that price!

---A 100 percent LED electrical supply store?  :o---
Yup, she tried to sell Sell SELL me LEDs even to the point where she was suggesting new installations and going on a very small spiel about how Mercury Vapor is illegal to sell.  I am not sure if she was referring to Luminaires, Lamps, or both, but I know lamps are still legal to sell.

The below is a joke, so I hope to get a few laughs... (Pulp Electricians discussing Mercury Vapor)
"It's legal to sell em, It's legal to own them, but get this, if a cop stops you for transporting Mercury Vapor, it's ILLEGAL for them to search you." "Do you know what they call a Deluxe Mercury lamp in Paris?  Royale le Merc." 😂

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 05:28:50 PM » Author: xelareverse
Lol
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 06:32:54 PM » Author: Lodge
---$200 is way too much for that light."---
You got that right.!!  My jaw almost dropped hearing that price!

Yep even from a big box hardware store I can get them in a retail box with all the parts to mount it for half that price and less then that if they are on sale..
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 03:35:28 AM » Author: Ash
For $100 each i got 2 brand new 70W HPS road lanterns at my electrical wholesaler a couple years back
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 06:48:56 PM » Author: Rommie
A 100 percent LED electrical supply store? :o
It's happened here too. A friend who is an electrician tells me he has to resort to eBay to supply the HID lamps that his customers want, he can't get them from the wholesalers any more, they are only selling LED  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 12:33:15 AM » Author: BlueHalide
It seems at some suppliers, employees are trained to peddle LED "upgrades" to customers whenever possible. I went into a Crescent (not my local one where everyone knows me) a couple weeks ago to get a few standard probe start MH400/U lamps for a spot relamping job. The employee at the desk lied right to my face to try to sell me GE's LED retrofit lamps (for 400w MH), he told me that "MH technology is being phased out and they no longer carry M59 400w MH lamps". Of course I knew better and asked for the manager, the manager was clearly also brainwashed on LED, but pulled up the MH lamps on the computer and goes "oh, looks like we have 122 in stock, how many you need". SMH
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 03:47:46 PM » Author: Lumex120
"oh, looks like we have 122 in stock, how many you need". SMH
::)

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 03:49:59 PM » Author: Rommie
::)
Isn't that just typical  ::)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Bamaslamma1003

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 11:09:55 AM » Author: Bamaslamma1003
At my work LEDisease has reached epidemic proportions. The inside lights were converted from F32T8 fluorescent to led tubes. So far I've observed three several failures in lamps that are supposed to last "forever." The outside lights are especially prone to LEDisease. When they fail, they don't simply go out. The do the "epilepsy test" aka flashing and flickering wildly. These are the worst examples.
At my other job, the F32T8 fluorescents were replaced with LED tubes that are much better quality. Only one has failed. The rest are still working perfectly and actually produce a pleasant light. I guess the quality on these is all over the place.

Power provided by Alabama Power, 120 volts 60 Hz. House is an LED free zone, tungsten and linear fluorescent only.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 05:16:20 PM » Author: mefurd98
I always keep my eyes on the bottom shelf where they stock the CFLs, incandescents, and halogens!
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 10:02:33 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
No kidding. Home Depot went LED on its shelves. No HID fixtures in Home Depot except for the stupid crap LED fixtures.  >:(   ::)   But Lowe's still has HID fixtures, along with the LED fixtures. I guess people are switching to LED, because of, what was that.........   Oh yeah "ENERGY REBATES" and the bulb makers like GE, and Philips are trying to fool everyone (because of their bad quality bulbs that they make today) on switching to LED! Its disgusting, and disgraceful!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:04:19 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #26 on: October 04, 2018, 10:05:33 AM » Author: Rommie
No HID on retail sale here, there never has been  :(

Now all you can get is LED; halogens and CFL's are vanishing fast, and as for incandescents, not seen those for ages, they've all been [censored] banned  :'(

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 12:51:29 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
For now on, I'm going to start getting lamps, gear, and fixtures off ebay.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:53:06 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 05:56:09 PM » Author: Cole D.
No kidding. Home Depot went LED on its shelves. No HID fixtures in Home Depot except for the stupid crap LED fixtures.  >:(   ::)   But Lowe's still has HID fixtures, along with the LED fixtures. I guess people are switching to LED, because of, what was that.........   Oh yeah "ENERGY REBATES" and the bulb makers like GE, and Philips are trying to fool everyone (because of their bad quality bulbs that they make today) on switching to LED! Its disgusting, and disgraceful!

I still see HID fixtures at Home Depot here. Flood lights and area lights.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LEDisease turns into a nasty Virus at local Electric supply shop! « Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 12:40:03 AM » Author: mefurd98
I hate how LEDs are being forced on us. They do not last anywhere as long as they are advertised. I bought one to just test it out and it didn't work straight out of the box! It just flickered! Complete garbage. >:(
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies