Author Topic: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps  (Read 1655 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « on: June 12, 2017, 02:19:41 PM » Author: micole66
There are tubular Mercury vapor lamps?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 03:06:27 PM » Author: dor123
There were tubular mercury lamps, but this is an obsolete type of mercury lamp. Tubular mercury lamps were mainly medium pressure mercury lamps and old high pressure mercury lamps to retrofit the medium pressure lamps:
http://www.lamptech.co.uk/MA.htm
http://www.lamptech.co.uk/MB.htm

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:06:42 PM » Author: wattMaster
Tubular mercury vapor lamps do exist, but they are rare.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:22:18 PM » Author: Lodge
There are tubular Mercury vapor lamps?

What are you trying to build ? And yes there is but finding them is a challenge they haven't been made for many years.. but getting a metal halide in a tubular is easy, the light color is similar only they are more efficient, so you get more light for less watts..   
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 01:17:57 AM » Author: tolivac
Long ago--tubular mercury lamps were used in copy machines and Diazo machines.I an old projection handbook I have they descrfibe a Gamont-Kalee 35MM film projector that used a small,tubular,water cooled mercury lamp instead of carbon arc or xenon.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 04:39:01 AM » Author: dor123
These were special linear exposed mercury arctubes. This isn't what micole66 asked. He asked about the existance of mercury lamps with tubular outerbulbs, which are antiques, since manufacturers moved to pear, BT and elliptical outer designs, because of the use of color correcting phosphor in most of mercury lamps, and to save costs in manufacturing the clear mercury lamps without changing the design.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 06:22:36 PM » Author: Lodge
And Diazo machines (blueprint printer) need a UV light source which isn't the safest of things to operate without some form of protection from the UV light, but yes those lights are fairly easy to obtain since blueprint printers are still in use..
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 01:15:48 AM » Author: tolivac
In the US the blueprint machine is no longer in common use---Chemical costs-availability of blueprint paper.They have been replaced by digital blueprint and large format scanners-Used one at a copy place-scan your original drawing-you can even get a digital copy as well as a paper or mylar one.Other tubular mercury lamps----'How bout Cooper Hewett lamps?The predescessor to the modern flourescent lamp-have an older Electricans Handbook that describes these-they were made in AC or DC versions.In the older Diazo/blueprint machines the UV bulbs were totally enclosed-you couldn't even see them.And the cover had an interlock so the UV bulb won't come on unless the cover panel was put on the machine.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tubular Mercury vapor lamps « Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 05:09:27 AM » Author: dor123
Blueprint has been replaced by diazo printing and than by digital printing and digital displays. I think micole66 refered to mercury lamps with tubular outerbulbs and screwbases, which limited to medium pressure mercury lamps and their retrofit tubular high pressure mercury lamps. Mercury lamps for printing, are linear lamp and not tubular lamps.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies