Author Topic: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction  (Read 1622 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « on: July 18, 2017, 11:59:53 AM » Author: rjluna2
Since I could not post a reply at Very important, all must read!, I wanted to comment on this.  We can post political issues about lighting stuff here (Off-Topic) instead :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 12:18:58 PM » Author: Ash
Flame is a light source, so flame wars dont belong in off topic
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:33:20 PM » Author: FGS
Plus politics is too risky to talk about lest you offend some snowflakes of both sides of the two parties. Even being Patriotic putting America first might get you in trouble.

Probably best not talk politics until the rules against such talks changes.  ;)

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 01:26:18 PM » Author: Ash
If you keep it down you'll pass under the radar - i dont think anyone including the admins would care about one little mildly unsafe comment. But if its been 3+ posts and the length of each successive one is longer than the previous, its not snowflakes commenting away but its them & you building a snowball. Use sense to recognize when to stop

A word about American patriotism. This forum is worldwide. We have here members, which are our friends, but their state is America's enemy or not far from that. There is a line between patriotism like rooting for lighting made in USA vs. some very different things that might still count as patiotism. Though i have not seen any of that here yet and its great that we have not run into it
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 04:17:38 PM » Author: FGS
If you keep it down you'll pass under the radar - i dont think anyone including the admins would care about one little mildly unsafe comment. But if its been 3+ posts and the length of each successive one is longer than the previous, its not snowflakes commenting away but its them & you building a snowball. Use sense to recognize when to stop

A word about American patriotism. This forum is worldwide. We have here members, which are our friends, but their state is America's enemy or not far from that. There is a line between patriotism like rooting for lighting made in USA vs. some very different things that might still count as patiotism. Though i have not seen any of that here yet and its great that we have not run into it

When I said patriotism I meant internally. Meaning keeping politicians from using the Constitution as toilet paper by doing things that's favorable to our international enemies. (Ex. President Joey gets chummy with the pinhead Dear Leader in North Korea. He'd lift sanctions the previous adminstrations has set to it. Down to sharing know-how of our nukes and ICBMs.)

Internationally I have no beef with the citizens of the countries that's currently America's enemy. Not gonna give the Chinese and Russian members a hard time on here despite their governments hating on the US.

As for lighting made in other countries. I'm still letting quality of the lights speak for themselves. If China make better lights than the US make. I'll buy Chinese bulbs.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:19:50 PM by FGS » Logged

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 04:57:36 PM » Author: Ash
Sure a Chinese made thing may be of good quality, but i still guess that you'd like to see good stuff made in USA, and me see stuff made in Israel, and each with their country
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 07:19:48 PM » Author: FGS
Make it well and I'll buy them US made. Got no problems with that. 8)

Though the price will sting my wallet a little. Heh.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 07:59:25 PM » Author: Lodge
If they let that genie outta the bottle and allow people to talk politics, the site will end up losing users, and/or having users mad at other users, and/or users will start flame wars (both in the forum and via private messages,) and/or it will attract paid posters who will inundate the site with scripted comments lacking facts, and/or consume hours of the moderators day, and putting that genie back in the bottle will be a challenge once it's unleashed..

Is this really something the users of this site want? Most of the users here come here to find out about lighting and lighting related technologies, not politics, there is hundreds if not thousands of other sites on the internet for those topics and yes I understand and know some people don't like some of the lighting technologies used, it doesn't need to become a political issue on the site either, If you don't like the changes that are affecting lighting technologies politically that have happened please write or visit your elected officials to let them know, and go out and vote..

This is one of a few forums left where people know there lighting stuff, and know it well, and are willing to share it with anyone that asks do you really want to lose that..         
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 08:55:20 PM » Author: Flurofan96
This site is an escape from politics and politics get my blood boiling. So sick of the media be it the TV, internet and radio talking politics  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I am an Anti Political person and will not let political beliefs divide me from other LG members and other people who I meet  ;) plus they are Professional Liars  :P 

On the other hand I don't want to be singled out just because for example I post FL lighting from the UK and I get little or no comments whereas I see USA members posting their US FL lighting and a lot of comments rack up!!! Sorry if my UK FL lighting pics I post are not interesting to most of the US members  :'( but there were some US members who did lovely comments on my UK Fl lighting pics  ;) Back in 2014 when I was a newbie I had such a blast with members who were from the UK and sadly by like end of 2014 or start of 2015 they stopped coming to this site  :'( where's Migette1, BG101, Liam, Arrowslim and Supersix

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 10:46:37 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I feel the same way too. With the recent exception of a couple of pictures, I get little to no interest by people on this site anymore. I find myself losing interest in the site and have two pictures waiting to upload but they probably won't be noticed so I won't bother.

Politics wise, I tend to avoid them full stop.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 11:40:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Flurofan96
  Sorry if my UK FL lighting pics I post are not interesting to most of the US members
I for one love the pic's of UK fluorescents .. since we don't have most of those here, its the only way I'll ever get to see them.

where's Migette1, BG101, Liam, Arrowslim and Supersix
Probably on one of the 2 UK light forums.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 01:26:27 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I for one love the pic's of UK fluorescents .. since we don't have most of those here, its the only way I'll ever get to see them.

Probably on one of the 2 UK light forums.

What are those two forums called?

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Comments at Site Rules & Instruction « Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 08:11:06 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Roi_hartmann
What are those two forums called?
One of them is:   All Things Lighting - http://allthingslighting.co.uk
The other is private/invite only. I'll send a PM with more info

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies