Author Topic: capacitor/resistor code charts  (Read 904 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
capacitor/resistor code charts « on: July 18, 2017, 08:43:45 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
worked on these for a while, been using them regularly since 2014, these charts contain every value possible, and i ended up doing this because i encountered non standard values alot which got a little annoying, when dismantling things like for example a 9.2 ohm resistor (W,R,GO), these are not EIA charts since they have non standard values (but they're values that are possible with the banding system given) keep in mind, this is alot of ink, lol if you're gonna use it regularly then it may be worth it to print, if you do not deal with non standard values alot, you can always shorten the sheet down if you have microsoft word or libre office.

the four band chart is the nicest one, i put a lot of time into that one, the other two do their job but don't look as pretty
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:46:27 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: capacitor/resistor code charts « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:30:29 PM » Author: Lodge
Resistor codes are easy to remember "Big Boys Race Our Young Girls But Violet Generally Wins", I don't think the version I know will meet the site rules though, but that one is pretty close, and the old timers might remember this version "Better Buy Resistors Or Your Grid Bias Voltages Go West" 

But I do like the four band chart it's very colorful..
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: capacitor/resistor code charts « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 10:01:23 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Resistor codes are easy to remember "Big Boys Race Our Young Girls But Violet Generally Wins", I don't think the version I know will meet the site rules though, but that one is pretty close, and the old timers might remember this version "Better Buy Resistors Or Your Grid Bias Voltages Go West"  

But I do like the four band chart it's very colorful..

thanks,i know that one that you just posted, and yeah... lol the original wording may be a bit questionable, here is another one i know:
Bad booze rots our young guts but vodka goes well
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:03:26 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies