Author Topic: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes?  (Read 9616 times)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 12:04:18 AM » Author: Lodge
I fix a coffee that I call "My Ancestry in a Mug" since it's French roast coffee and Irish cream flavored creamer.  That's my favorite way to drink my coffee right now.

I like to mix up my flavor of creamer sometimes and choose between Irish cream, vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel.  It's always nice to add a little variety to my daily cup of coffee.

I like coffee with Irish cream as well, but I do it old school with a 9 cup Pyrex percolator on the stove top and a course grind breakfast blend coffee the caffeine will leave you climbing the wall but I only do a single cup a day so it's all good.. The only coffee I find that is better is the cowboy coffee I make over the fire while camping in a percolator with the smokey taste from the fire and grinds in the bottom of the cup just like they made it a century or two ago and shot or two of something to warm you up even more then Irish cream... 
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 09:19:42 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
What is Irish cream?  :-[

I like the sound of cowboy coffee since I do like smokey flavour. If you happen to come across a tea brand called "Billy Tea" over there try it, it's Australian and has a nice smoky flavour to it. The best way to consume it is letting the bag soak in the hot water for a few minutes for the tea flavour to infuse the water then a tiny bit of milk.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 10:28:31 PM » Author: Lodge
What is Irish cream?  :-[

I like the sound of cowboy coffee since I do like smokey flavour. If you happen to come across a tea brand called "Billy Tea" over there try it, it's Australian and has a nice smoky flavour to it. The best way to consume it is letting the bag soak in the hot water for a few minutes for the tea flavour to infuse the water then a tiny bit of milk.

Irish cream is commonly Baileys, it's just whiskey,cream,sugar with a bit of coffee for flavor, I make my own and add chocolate and it's about 20%, And yes the cowboy coffee is a treat I only do it while camping so it's few times a year, but that billy tea sounds pretty good as well, and down there you can get the nice Kelly kettles as well for heating the water, we just get the cheap aluminum ones not the pretty copper ones..
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 11:38:38 PM » Author: CEB1993
Irish cream is really delicious!

Although it's not my recipe, I found the most delicious cake for my birthday yesterday at the bakery at a local grocery store.  It was a Bavarian cream and vanilla layered cake with fresh blueberries.  It was exquisite! 

I added my own personal touch and put some sugar on top and caramelized it with my creme brulee torch.  I then put in my birthday candles and enjoyed  8)

Seems like an easy cake to make and totally worth the time in the kitchen.  Just two layers of white cake and two layers of Bavarian cream with some seasonal berries mixed in.  One tip I've heard is that brushing each layer of a layered cake with simple syrup (mixed sugar and water) as you assemble it helps maintain the moistness of the cake.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 08:34:24 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I'll have to try out the coffee and Irish cream. I made a lovely homemade chicken tortilla wrap by dicing up chicken breast, marinading them and cooking them, and served with oak lettuce, tomato, red onion, sliced jalapenos and chipotle sauce. 8)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 02:31:44 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'll have to try out the coffee and Irish cream. I made a lovely homemade chicken tortilla wrap by dicing up chicken breast, marinading them and cooking them, and served with oak lettuce, tomato, red onion, sliced jalapenos and chipotle sauce. 8)

That sounds delicious!  I love Mexican food.  It's mostly easy to make yourself and there are lots of good Mexican and Tex-Mex restaurants where I live.

I enjoy making home made tacos with cumin-spiced ground beef, iceberg lettuce, cheese, and spicy salsa.  When I fix fajitas, I cook both chicken and steak and sautee them with green peppers, onions, and salsa.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 11:58:36 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
That sounds delicious!  I love Mexican food.  It's mostly easy to make yourself and there are lots of good Mexican and Tex-Mex restaurants where I live.

I enjoy making home made tacos with cumin-spiced ground beef, iceberg lettuce, cheese, and spicy salsa.  When I fix fajitas, I cook both chicken and steak and sautee them with green peppers, onions, and salsa.

Not many Mexican/Tex-Mex restaurants around where I live, so I make my own. 8)

Your tacos sound delicious, I'll have to try them myself.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 08:39:03 PM » Author: CEB1993
Not many Mexican/Tex-Mex restaurants around where I live, so I make my own. 8)

Your tacos sound delicious, I'll have to try them myself.

That's what I like about many Mexican foods, is that they are easy to make at home and they taste delicious.

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 08:44:26 PM » Author: CEB1993
I made my homemade creme brulee today.  It's my Valentines Day tradition to fix creme brulee for my family  :)  It's such an easy recipe for something that's just exquisite!  The following recipe makes 4 medium sized servings:

4 egg yolks

1/3 cup of sugar

2 cups (16 ounces) of heavy whipping cream

1 tablespoon of vanilla extract

Separate the egg whites and egg yolks.  Whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until blended and smooth.  Gradually add the heavy whipping cream and the vanilla extract to the mix and whisk vigorously until all ingredients are smoothly blended.

Pour the custard mixture into oven safe dishes (ramekins) and place the dishes at least an inch apart into a large metal baking pan.  To create the water bath for baking, fill the pan with tap water, so that the water is about 3/4 of the way up on the sides of the custard dishes (Please see the attached picture)  Carefully, without allowing the water and custard to mix, place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  After baking, allow the water and custard to cool to room temperature.  Remove the dishes of custard from the water bath.  Wrap the dishes of custard in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.  

After chilling, remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle a thick, even layer of sugar on top of each custard.  Using a kitchen blowtorch, caramelize the sugar on each custard until it is golden-brown and hard to the touch (Please see attached picture)

Bon appetit!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:36:57 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 09:13:46 PM » Author: CEB1993
My latest recipe that turned out delicious is pan fried steaks with mushrooms and a red wine sauce.

Two small to medium sized steaks (NY strip, ribeye, sirloin, or filet mignon)
Any kind of red wine based steak sauce or marinade
8 oz sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
A splash or two of a good quality red wine

In a small skillet, melt the butter and mix with the minced garlic.  Add the sliced mushrooms and stir frequently over medium heat.  Add a little bit of red wine and continue to stir until the mushrooms are soft.

In a large cast iron skillet, add the steaks, pour the red wine based steak sauce (about 1/3 cup, more or less based on your preferred tastes) and cook about 1.5 to 2 minutes per side for medium rare.  Season the steaks with salt, pepper, and/or your seasoning of choice.  I use Montreal Steak Seasoning.  When the steaks are within 2 minutes of being done, pour the mushrooms on top of the steaks in the large skillet.  Stir all ingredients and allow to simmer over low heat for one minute.  Serve and enjoy  :)  

Goes great with mashed potatoes, salad with bleu cheese dressing and a glass of red wine.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:17:44 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 06:51:53 PM » Author: Cole D.
Sometimes I make pancakes or waffles, for breakfast. Plus I want to try making a cake sometime. That cinnamon butter sounds really good. I'd like to cook more, but I don't feel like it most of the time.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 10:57:34 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
My girlfriend can make some good, and I mean really good Icelandic meals, they may be healthy but they fill me up
She cooks every night or when she can
I'm surprised she can see over the stovetop LOL

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 08:05:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
One quick and easy recipe I have is for cinnamon butter.  Take a large spoonful of butter and mix it with a scoop of cinnamon and a scoop of white sugar and blend it until everything is mixed together.  If the butter is hard, microwave it for a few seconds to soften it up and make it easier to stir with the cinnamon and sugar.  It's a great way to enjoy toast or biscuits.
That sounds like something I'll have to try out. ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #28 on: April 28, 2018, 01:17:22 AM » Author: tolivac
Cinnamin butter-I have done the same-mix it in a food processor-ideal for this job!
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #29 on: April 28, 2018, 12:41:52 PM » Author: Cole D.
I might make waffles or pancakes tomorrow and show you. Would cinnamon butter be good on it? I may try to make some of it as well.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies