Author Topic: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes?  (Read 9580 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « on: July 27, 2017, 11:15:45 PM » Author: CEB1993
Along with my passion for lighting, I also enjoy cooking and have created a few of my own recipes.

I know how to make a Texas style chili with 1 pound of lean ground beef that's flavored with 2 packets of Old El Paso Taco seasoning, a can of Mexican style diced tomatoes with cilantro, a little bit of cumin to taste, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/2 bottle (6 ounces) Shiner Bock beer.  A savory and spicy way to enjoy chili.

I have a steak seasoning that is a mix of equal parts of garlic salt, authentic Hungarian paprika, Montreal steak seasoning, and cajun seasoning.  It's a bold and spicy way to enjoy steaks and burgers.

I am a decent bartender with two favorite mixed drinks:

Old Fashioned: One shot of bourbon mixed with sugar, and a couple of dashes of angostura bitters, garnished with a cherry and an orange slice.

Alabama Slammer: Mix equal parts sloe gin, Southern Comfort, and Di Amore Amoretto and add one shot of this mixture to 8 ounces of orange juice.

I enjoy baking and grilling the most.  I'll bake pies, muffins, and other pastries to have for breakfast or desserts.  I'll grill steaks, burgers, or chicken for supper.  I usually always grill over charcoal with a few chunks of hickory to give my food a nice smoky flavor.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 12:37:36 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Cool recipes Camdem (your name right?) I'll have to give them a try. ;)

My girlfriend wrote some recipes in a book and I've contributed a few myself. Right now I'm enjoying a simple home made malted chocolate milkshake. Recipe:

3 scoopfuls of vanilla ice cream
2 tablespoons of malted milk drink powder
10oz skim milk
2 tablespoons chocolate dessert topping.

Mixed up in a Nutri Ninja blender. :)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 05:20:26 AM » Author: dor123
My mother, my brother and my father, all cooking. My mother usually cooks cakes and other foods for parties, using her antique printed cookbook. But my father and my brother, both are cooking enthusiasts. My brother cooks pizzas, which he and my mother thinks that they much better than any pizza made by pizzeria or restaurant here in Haifa. My brother have its own special recipe for his pizzas.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 12:12:46 AM » Author: CEB1993
Hi Mercurylamps, that sounds like a great recipe!  I love making a home made milkshake. I will put in Hershey cocoa powder or cold coffee to add some good flavor.  I may try it out with lactose free milk and ice cream.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 06:40:57 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Good ideas. I may give it a try with almond or coconut milk too. The key to a good recipe is experimentation in my opinion. :D
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 04:47:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
Experimentation and creativity are what makes cooking so much fun, just like with lighting.  Trying something that may not work, but actually turns out pretty good like whiskey cream flavored creme brulee (or a R20 floodlight bulb in my bedside lamp, actually has a warmer color than many A19's, making it super nice for a room that I sleep and relax in) is such a rewarding experience.  I have experimented with my steak seasoning for years and have finally found the ideal balance of spiciness and saltiness with equal parts of paprika and garlic salt.  

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 06:57:17 PM » Author: Lodge
Experimentation and creativity are what makes cooking so much fun, just like with lighting.  Trying something that may not work, but actually turns out pretty good like whiskey cream flavored creme brulee (or a R20 floodlight bulb in my bedside lamp, actually has a warmer color than many A19's, making it super nice for a room that I sleep and relax in) is such a rewarding experience.  I have experimented with my steak seasoning for years and have finally found the ideal balance of spiciness and saltiness with equal parts of paprika and garlic salt.  

Actually whisky works in a Crème Brûlée, and if you like whisky try it with Sortilège which is a Whisky with real maple syrup added to it, it actually makes them really nice, I just make them like normal and when your serving them up after burning the sugar you just pour a bit on, it's pretty tasty stuff..
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 07:01:09 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
speaking of maple syrup.... i no joke will drink the stuff... my mother thinks the stuff is disgusting but i love it...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 07:31:13 PM » Author: Lodge
Yep Maple at my place is pretty much a staple food, I have maple butter, maple syrup, maple sugar, and maple whisky, and maple wood for smoking with, but I do like the syrup but it has to be the real dark stuff, almost black it has more maple tree flavor, and Birch syrup is pretty good as well, but you have to find someone who makes it or make your own from birch sap in spring, yes I know hundreds of things you can eat in the bush from plants to mushrooms and berries, just a few more weeks till the spot I know with acres of wild blueberries and low bush cranberries are ready... 
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 11:30:25 PM » Author: CEB1993
Actually whisky works in a Crème Brûlée, and if you like whisky try it with Sortilège which is a Whisky with real maple syrup added to it, it actually makes them really nice, I just make them like normal and when your serving them up after burning the sugar you just pour a bit on, it's pretty tasty stuff..

Sortilege, that sounds unbelievably awesome!  Two of my favorite flavors combined, whisky and maple syrup :)  With the whisky on top, I'm sure you can light it on fire to caramelize the sugar even more and create a dramatic presentation.  I've poured some 120 proof bourbon on top of creme brulee and it burnt nicely and made the sugar nice and crispy. 

Sortilege is at the top of my shopping list now  ;D

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 11:32:19 PM » Author: CEB1993
speaking of maple syrup.... i no joke will drink the stuff... my mother thinks the stuff is disgusting but i love it...

Haha, I can do the same thing! I love maple syrup.  Sometimes, I'll sneak a spoonful and eat it raw  ;D I like any type of maple syrup, but my favorite is Grade A Dark Amber.

Stop the lamp bans!

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 04:58:53 AM » Author: xelareverse
Here's a recipe I have;

Take a meal you normally eat and Blend it till it turns into a paste

Take it and put it in a flour tortilla and eat it
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 11:27:39 PM » Author: CEB1993
One quick and easy recipe I have is for cinnamon butter.  Take a large spoonful of butter and mix it with a scoop of cinnamon and a scoop of white sugar and blend it until everything is mixed together.  If the butter is hard, microwave it for a few seconds to soften it up and make it easier to stir with the cinnamon and sugar.  It's a great way to enjoy toast or biscuits.

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 11:30:41 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I'll have to make cinnamon butter for my toast in the mornings. Never had it before but sounds tasty. ;D
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 10:20:16 PM » Author: CEB1993
I fix a coffee that I call "My Ancestry in a Mug" since it's French roast coffee and Irish cream flavored creamer.  That's my favorite way to drink my coffee right now.

I like to mix up my flavor of creamer sometimes and choose between Irish cream, vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel.  It's always nice to add a little variety to my daily cup of coffee.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies