Author Topic: Problem with my camera: Gray objects/backgrounds would looks pink in the picture  (Read 1007 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Problem with my camera: Gray objects/backgrounds would looks pink in the picture « on: August 01, 2017, 09:15:29 AM » Author: dor123
I've recently noticed a problem with my old Canon SX150 IS camera: Sometimes gray objects/backgrounds would looks pink in the picture.
I've first noticed this problem after capturing this video , in which the ceiling looks levander rather than gray.
What causes the problem?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Problem with my camera: Gray objects/backgrounds would looks pink in the picture « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:18:38 PM » Author: Medved
The green sensor channel is defective (it could be anywhere in the signal chain from the collecting MUX on the sensor chip, till the data path in the image processing DSP). As the signal does not change over the frame scanning (and dark reference sampling), causing it to appear for the DSP as there is no green light at all in the picture. The result of the remaining blue and red is then the pink...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Problem with my camera: Gray objects/backgrounds would looks pink in the picture « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 04:12:54 PM » Author: dor123
This problem only sometimes occurs. Not always. There are times that the colors of gray objects rendered correctly. Pictures of lights are still looks like they used to be. Also, I did a test shot of the wall at my room, and it didn't looked pink in the picture.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies