Author Topic: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures  (Read 10612 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 02:57:29 PM » Author: suzukir122
Looks like a squall line of strong thunderstorms... but doesn't really look severe. Were there any warnings besides Flood?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 09:34:51 PM » Author: CEB1993
Looks like a squall line of strong thunderstorms... but doesn't really look severe. Were there any warnings besides Flood?

We had a tornado watch. There was a confirmed tornado in Spartanburg, SC about 30 miles away from me. It damaged a storage shed, and a few small buildings according to the afternoon news.

I experienced tremendously heavy rain, that cleared out quickly. It was pretty blue skies and low humidity by the time I was done with work at 5:00.

If you don't like the weather in South Carolina, just wait 10 minutes  ;D

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 06:53:36 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
We are due for a supercell storm today it seems, right as I'm going to drive home in it. Apparently Queensland has been battered with storms the past couple of months with regular hail. :o
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #33 on: October 25, 2017, 07:34:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
Probably just severe storms. The Supercells are normally the most violent kind of storms. They also contain
a mesocyclone, capable of producing a tornado. I don't know where Queensland is, but if that's in the UK, I rarely
ever hear about tornadoes there...? That's a good question though... does the UK ever get hit by tornadoes?
I'm also wondering this for Australia as well.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #34 on: October 25, 2017, 08:03:48 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Probably just severe storms. The Supercells are normally the most violent kind of storms. They also contain
a mesocyclone, capable of producing a tornado. I don't know where Queensland is, but if that's in the UK, I rarely
ever hear about tornadoes there...? That's a good question though... does the UK ever get hit by tornadoes?
I'm also wondering this for Australia as well.

Queensland is Australia. ;D I'm just going by what I saw on a local news article for today. Yeah we get severe storms here sometimes with hail. My uncle had a car that was wrecked by massive tennis ball sized hail years ago.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #35 on: October 25, 2017, 08:41:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah now that I think about it, I think Australia also gets hit with some of the worst kind of storms.
I forget that I have heard about Supercells in Australia too.
Quick update,... on the news I found out that you guys (Australia)really are in the boat for possible Supercells.
Some news stories as early as just 50 minutes ago.
There are also videos from Australia on YouTube of supercells. (Older videos from 2016 and even before that.)

My best advice would be to keep a close eye on the sky. A supercell base cloud is pretty easy to identify

Interests:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #36 on: October 25, 2017, 08:57:03 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Fortunately for the time being there is a little bit of cloud but overall it is sunny. If the bad weather starts to pick up I'm going to have to get the washing in. I love storms. ;D
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #37 on: October 25, 2017, 09:11:34 PM » Author: suzukir122
Haha... as do I.  ;D The radar is the #1 thing to look at, as well as the meteorologists to confirm that
the storm is indeed a supercell. Does Australia have warning sirens like the U.S? Warning systems as well? (Tornado watch/warnings,
thunderstorm watch/warnings, etc)

Interests:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #38 on: October 26, 2017, 07:43:48 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Well we didn't get the storm badly as compared to some areas, and I was lucky to see all the lightning while driving home late last night. ;D

We don't have warning sirens over here, we never really get tornadoes at all and basically we observe for storms ourselves. I feel that wildfire/bushfire prone areas should have a warning siren that sounds well in advance if it saves lives.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #39 on: November 11, 2017, 09:31:21 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
We did have a second severe storm the other day, I was stuck out in it on a drive and had to pull over since I was unable to see an inch in front of me and felt the tyres were at their limit of losing grip on the surface. Five minutes later, the rain clears and the sun is out again. :o
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 06:19:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
Heh... here's some links of videos I've seen of extreme supercells with violent tornadoes.
This first one is from Arab Alabama... main reason why I'm including this... is actually
because of the tornado sirens. Those sirens that pop on are my favorite kind because
they sound so creepy. Perfect for the situation. Anyways, here's video number 1: (PS, better with headphones)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5a_yyh4KbQ

Video number 2 is of the same tornado (Arab Alabama) but from the perspective of someone else.
This one is a more intense, and you can here the creepy musical sirens winding up in the background
along with the roar of the tornado:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLdIXv8HAI

Video number 3 is the most popular and most intense. This video has well over 7,400,000 video views.
This is also Alabama (not sure what part) and I'm pretty sure this is the same tornado since it was the same day,
and it was an F5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ

All the videos are of the same F5 tornado.
These were also the type of supercell storms no one would want to be under. lol
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:24:50 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 02:03:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ohh, and here's another one. Same tornado from Alabama lol
 ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mza3Z5VZakE

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 11:15:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
It started snowing a little bit, by a little bit I mean to occasional flake, not really cold enough for anything good at the moment...it is also thundering and lighting.... Not exactly "Extreme" But interesting... it was also downpouring earlier and around 46 Degrees F.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 11:16:50 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #43 on: January 27, 2018, 09:48:00 PM » Author: suzukir122
Over here we have been getting towards -17 degree temps at times, actual temperature, although yesterday it was 53 degrees.
No more arctic temps for the rest of the week. Hopefully I can find a new job by then and continue to avoid apartment eviction.

Here's another supercell storm I've caught on YouTube... no tornado, but you can see the spinning mesocyclone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klk96MSfBWM
This is a CLASSIC supercell, with some of the creepiest siren ambiances I've heard on youtube.

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 03:30:58 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've always found storms like that thrilling... I don't really get scared of them... lol maybe i should become a storm chaser or something...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies