Author Topic: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures  (Read 10515 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 04:44:47 PM » Author: suzukir122
I find storms like that thrilling as well, but I can definitely understand it when people freak out and
go inside. haha
Storms like the one in the link I provided, normally end up being game changers.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #46 on: February 04, 2018, 09:31:00 AM » Author: boiler1011
A couple of mine...

https://youtu.be/UHR2mHYandg

https://youtu.be/XXeeGabX7vE
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #47 on: February 04, 2018, 09:52:19 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah those are both classics. There are so many supercell storm videos and tornado videos
I still have yet to see on YouTube. I wish I could watch them all, honestly.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #48 on: February 04, 2018, 07:42:16 PM » Author: CEB1993
Today, we had some freezing rain this morning.  It was heavy rain, along with a temperature right at 32 or 33.  By the time I was driving home from church, all of the trees looked silver.  They looked really strange and almost ghostly under the dull and cloudy sky.  Upon taking a closer look, the tree branches all had a thin, shiny layer of ice.  Thankfully the temperature warmed up to about 42 today and the rain moved on.  The ice didn't last long, which is a good thing.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #49 on: February 04, 2018, 07:49:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
Glazing ice is a nightmare regarding powerlines and transformers. There's a ton of YouTube videos showing powerlines crackling,
and transformers exploding as well, in ice storms.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #50 on: February 04, 2018, 10:58:10 PM » Author: CEB1993
Glazing ice is a nightmare regarding powerlines and transformers. There's a ton of YouTube videos showing powerlines crackling,
and transformers exploding as well, in ice storms.

I saw two large tree branches in the road today that had fallen due to the weight of the ice.  That's the scary thing about ice, it doesn't take much to cause severe damage and make driving hazardous.  Ice is my second least favorite weather behind hail  :o  We dodged a bullet today with just a little ice this morning and then temperatures warming up to the 40's and melting it all later today.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #51 on: February 05, 2018, 03:21:52 AM » Author: suzukir122
Ice storms are my least favorite too. Big time... besides snow and winter altogether. Hail, on the other hand,
is one of my favorites. (Not the insurance aspect of it though, of course lol) Mainly because hail is associated with
supercell thunderstorms that spin up tornadoes. If golf, baseball, or grapefruit sized hail is falling from the storms 
base cloud above you, listen/look around for a tornado. That is often times a sign that you may be facing a potential tornado direct-hit.

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 10:58:14 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've always wanted to take a cargo plane, fill it full of golfballs and just dump it somewhere... Unfortunately it'd probably kill alot of people so i will never do it... But if you leave that thought out it sounds hilarious... atleast to me...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 11:35:42 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HomeBrewLamps
I've always wanted to take a cargo plane, fill it full of golfballs and just dump it somewhere... Unfortunately it'd probably kill alot of people so i will never do it... But if you leave that thought out it sounds hilarious... atleast to me...
It'd be more fun with balls that bounce really well .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #54 on: February 07, 2018, 06:52:24 AM » Author: suzukir122
Golf balls falling from a plane wouldn't be enough to kill people... lol... if that
were the case, golf ball and grapefruit sized hail stones would've done that easily. They would definitely
do damage though. I wouldn't recommend it! haha

Interests:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 07:24:34 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
We had a nice thunderstorm today.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #56 on: February 09, 2018, 12:36:59 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
First day that I absolutely cannot plow through on my bike... The snow storm came over the lake and it's now lake effect, so it's thick and heavy alot more snow than what is in the picture is coming aswell...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:38:35 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Extreme Weather Stories, Videos, or Pictures « Reply #57 on: February 09, 2018, 01:09:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yup I saw the radar a couple of hours ago and far up north is nothing but snow with heavier snow currently
around the Chicago area.
If you're anywhere within the "Winter Storm Warning" highlighted area, expect close to a foot of snow.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies