Author Topic: Full Silver globe bulbs?  (Read 5186 times)
Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Full Silver globe bulbs? « on: August 17, 2017, 10:44:49 PM » Author: Discolightman
Hello, I am looking for some full silver globe bulbs and it appears to be a G25 and I seen some G40s? This lamp I don't know the manufacturer or the wattage.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:29:56 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
how is this useful???!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 07:52:03 PM » Author: Discolightman
I want to use them in my disco star-spin display, They do illuminate and I just want to see if I can source some out. 
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 07:20:31 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Well i dont have any.... but I'm just curious... could you light one and post a picture of it? this idea of a silver bulb baffles me .... how would light even come through...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 08:06:41 PM » Author: Lodge
A photo of it in operation would be cool, but I'm guessing its like those mylar space blankets they are silver, and a small spray of water on a window they stick real nice and reflect lots of heat away from a house, but during the day time you can see though they outside and opposite at night time, they are not 100% coverage more like 90%
Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 09:31:09 PM » Author: Discolightman
Here's the bulb in operation. Sorry about the picture cause it was in my friends starburst system. It does have a nice tint.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 11:31:23 PM » Author: Lodge
Do you have any stats like wattage, voltage of the bulb, socket size and globe size ? would a half chrome bulb work ? does it have to be silver ? holographic LED full chrome bulbs ? (see image.)  I've seen that type of light if its the one I'm thinking of it's actually common in 12 volts for vintage cars with lots of chrome, but I've never seen it in full chrome globes the half or diagonal chrome domes are common, and they come in gold and copper as well... 
Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 08:36:48 PM » Author: Discolightman
That's a pretty cool light bulb there! I don't have any stats on the wattage but they are a standard E27 base and 120 volts. My guess there G25 - G40 bulbs both 25 watts and 40 watts. In an old Disco entertainment catalog from 1979 They had the manufactures (General Electric, Westinghouse, and Sylvania)  of bulbs but no lamp page. Here's a couple more photos of them, two of them are from a skating rink which still has them in operation. Half silver bulbs will work if there's any out there that the whole thing illuminates not half.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 08:56:11 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Those look cool

~Owen

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 01:47:36 AM » Author: Lodge
You got a tough light to find, have you talked to litelabs yet ? and about the closest thing I could find is a Sunlite 40S19/AQ/T/GF which is an edison style gold fleck light bulb, but short of half and diagonal I can't find anything in chrome, other then those little chrome fleck garden lights, and chrome plated 12 volt bulbs and one globe style on Alibaba but you need to order a 1000 minium and they are chrome fleck G-40 bulbs in both 110 and 240 by Dongguan Jiahao Lighting Industrial Co Ltd.  (They offer samples, and will do custom light bulbs)
Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 09:53:04 PM » Author: Discolightman
I did contact Litelab themselves but I didn't get an answer I also contacted the Litelab tech at Audio Lite that repairs the controllers and packs. He told me he saw them a few times during installations back in 1978 and they only sell the S14 bulbs for the systems. Alibaba has some pretty neat stuff but 1000 bulbs is a bit much but still cool they can do custom bulbs.
Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 11:22:08 PM » Author: Discolightman
You got a tough light to find, have you talked to litelabs yet ? and about the closest thing I could find is a Sunlite 40S19/AQ/T/GF which is an edison style gold fleck light bulb, but short of half and diagonal I can't find anything in chrome, other then those little chrome fleck garden lights, and chrome plated 12 volt bulbs and one globe style on Alibaba but you need to order a 1000 minium and they are chrome fleck G-40 bulbs in both 110 and 240 by Dongguan Jiahao Lighting Industrial Co Ltd.  (They offer samples, and will do custom light bulbs)

Thank you so much! I am getting custom made ones and samples are going to be on the way!
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 11:29:31 PM » Author: Lodge
How where they to deal with ? And please post a few pictures when you get them, the ones on there site are nice looking but I'd like to see the true quality of there silver globes you get in your hands..
Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 11:34:56 PM » Author: Discolightman
I will,Negotiation for quantity they would do. I want to see how they would light in my starburst display!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:47:57 PM by Discolightman » Logged
Discolightman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full Silver globe bulbs? « Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 02:03:51 AM » Author: Discolightman
Big great thanks to Lodge for referring to the company for custom light bulbs!!!! Only thing is I prefer the standard Filament over the styled ones. They came out great!  ;D ;D  :inc:  :inc:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies