Author Topic: Painted Form 400s  (Read 4604 times)
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Painted Form 400s « on: July 04, 2008, 07:28:44 PM » Author: NiMo
Looking at some vintage pix from Buffalo, NY, I just remembered that there were light grey painted Form 400 pendants throughout the city where Incandescents have been present. In the background behind the 1976 GMC New Look bus is an example of what I'm refering to.  And yes, there have been silver Form 400s as well.  But this seemed the more common GE luminaire in Buffalo.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:31:46 PM by NiMo » Logged

Group Replacement, Baby

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Painted Form 400s « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:47:53 AM » Author: Silverliner
Nice Form 400s, you know about the modified ones in use here in LA (the angled mount ones here are called Form 101FRs). The GMC New Look, aka the fishbowl bus is a fond memory of mine! I can tell that you're a bus enthusiast since I know that website also. That fishbowl bus is a suburban model. Here, Big Blue Bus in Santa Monica had fishbowls until three years ago (these were the last ones built in '86, actally built in Canada) and they still have one in their fleet. The others went in private hands. By the way Santa Monica has a bunch of old street lights also including Form 402s (older model with the Form 400 body and extended slipfitter), OV-35s and OV-20s.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Painted Form 400s « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 04:53:18 PM » Author: NiMo
Those particular buses were purchased in 1976.  But anyhoo, this ain't about the buses.  Those poles were replaced shortly after with double poled Sterner Quint Globe Clusters (P.O.S. lights that always failed) and more recently, 30' S-arm poles with King 803 Solitaire Sr. 250 watt HPS luminaires.

Group Replacement, Baby

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies