Author Topic: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare  (Read 1483 times)
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « on: September 20, 2017, 10:48:49 PM » Author: RyanKorponay12
so i posted awhile ago how i got my 1977 Honda civic and i love it to bits but i needed to find a new engine because the previous owner totaled the other engine so i have bin looking and looking for another engine and after tons of people saying they have one they can sell me but then backing out of it, i finally found one! it was in Decatur, Georgia i found it on ebay, this is literally my only option to ever find an engine sooo i bought it and with the exchange rate and all the tone of shipping it ended up being $1100 CAD... its a lot but yea i hate finding parts for this car, but i love it, it arrived in pembina ND today so tomorrow im going to pick it up so wish Me luck!!!! im so worried that this engine is going to be worse or just as bad as my current one

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:11:07 PM » Author: Lodge
You could of just dropped in a Honda GX160 engine and run the pull cord out the front grill.. just bugging.. they are fun cars and if you sit in the passenger side you can jam your foot against the fire wall and activate the brake and gas pedal, it'll scare the driver ..
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:56:30 AM » Author: RyanKorponay12
omg thats so funny XD im going to try that lol. its a weird how the master cylinder in on the passenger side,

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:42:41 AM » Author: Ash
How much the entire project cost you so far ?

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:19 AM » Author: 589
It's probably on the passenger side because in Japan it would be right-hand drive, which is probably the market for which it was originally designed.

:lps:

RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 08:48:16 AM » Author: RyanKorponay12
i think i have spent about $2500 so far

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 08:41:02 PM » Author: Lodge
It's probably on the passenger side because in Japan it would be right-hand drive, which is probably the market for which it was originally designed.

It was if you have the time and money you can add the pedals and steering wheel and make them a both side drive..
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 08:35:48 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
or do what i did to an n600
drop in a hayabusa engine.
a bit of fab work but the end result was nice.
better have some driving experience though as this thing could get loose with little provocation.
i have seen it at several car shows.new owner restored it and kept the busa engine swap in it.
You could of just dropped in a Honda GX160 engine and run the pull cord out the front grill.. just bugging.. they are fun cars and if you sit in the passenger side you can jam your foot against the fire wall and activate the brake and gas pedal, it'll scare the driver ..
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 09:47:45 PM » Author: Lodge
or do what i did to an n600
drop in a hayabusa engine.
a bit of fab work but the end result was nice.
better have some driving experience though as this thing could get loose with little provocation.
i have seen it at several car shows.new owner restored it and kept the busa engine swap in it.

That's a wee bit more power then a GX160's 5.5hp but it does sound like fun..
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My 1977 Honda civic has been a nightmare « Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 11:11:48 PM » Author: takemorepills
I just recently sold off my beautiful 1987 Prelude Si.

I could not find OEM parts for it any more, and I was having a tough time keeping it in the condition I need to have my cars be in.

I WAS going to drop a newer motor from a CRV into it, but then I realized that even that motor was getting old too!

The car was nearly mint, but over time some parts, like plastic bits in the dash that control HVAC, bits in the door lock mechanisms, window seals etc just degrade and begin to spontaneously fall apart.

It really makes me sad that most Japanese cars don't get much support after 20 years as I prefer these cars from the 80's through 90's and keeping one in top condition is very difficult.

When I took my Prelude to local car shows, I was very surprised to see a bunch of Civics like yours! But, they all had newer B or K series motors in them (with turbos too!) and lots of custom fab work. But, most people kept the overall style original and those old Civics were awesome! Good luck with yours!

BTW, I ended up buying a new GTI because it is the only modern car that reminds me of the old Honda hatchbacks. The older cars are really awesome, I wish I had more time for them.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies