Author Topic: Mercury vapor at end of life  (Read 1145 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Mercury vapor at end of life « on: September 24, 2017, 09:22:26 AM » Author: micole66
What lamps turn green at the end of life? Mercury vapor or metal halide?? And why??
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury vapor at end of life « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:31:52 AM » Author: funkybulb
First of all there no metal halide salt in Mercery vapor
Lamps. 

Second why mecury lamps go EOL turning green and dim. That cause Emission mix and tungsten is deposted
On wall of the arc tube. This blocking the light output.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Mercury vapor at end of life « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:13 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Both turn green when they get old

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Mercury vapor at end of life « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 01:18:08 PM » Author: dor123
Not all metal halide lamps turns green when they gets old. I've seen ceramic metal halide lamps that turned dim warm white or even dim red. I've even seen halides depleted metal halide lamps, that looked bluish white, despite showing only the mercury lines in the spectrum.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury vapor at end of life « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 01:30:39 PM » Author: sol
Some probe start MH turns bright pink just before EOL. Usually the pink stage only lasts for a handful of startups, and then the arc tube leaks (or damages itself) and the lamp won't light. If the lamp is vertical, it usually doesn't explode, however.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies