Author Topic: Lamp that is pink at startup  (Read 1185 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Lamp that is pink at startup « on: October 01, 2017, 09:37:46 AM » Author: micole66
What lamp is pink at startup?

Metal halide, Mercury vapor or both??
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Lamp that is pink at startup « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:13:02 AM » Author: dor123
Mostly mercury vapor lamp with a color correcting phosphor. When the lamp turned on, most of its emission, is at the short wave UV, so the majority of the visible emission, comes from the color correcting phosphor, which is red colored, which is why the lamp is reddish pink at start up.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Lamp that is pink at startup « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 01:20:58 PM » Author: Lodge
And Low Pressure Sodium can also be pink during startup, but you would know if it's low pressure sodium because it would turn to a very golden yellow color in a few minutes, and as they age the pink turns into a red color at start up..   
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Lamp that is pink at startup « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:50:19 PM » Author: dor123
Low pressure sodium lamp is also much larger and longer than mercury vapor lamp, and usually burned horizontally, and only rarely base-up, and takes a lot of mins to warm up.
I think micole66, refers to mercury vapor lamp with color correcting red phosphor, during start up.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies