Author Topic: Min starting temp of a preheat lamp?  (Read 1199 times)
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
Min starting temp of a preheat lamp? « on: October 12, 2017, 05:39:20 PM » Author: RyanKorponay12
whats the min starting temp of a preheat lamp? i have 2x F15T12's running on preheat and 1x on instant start and its min temp is -20 

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Min starting temp of a preheat lamp? « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:19:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I would imagine it depending on what lamps you use and what ballasts you use...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Min starting temp of a preheat lamp? « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 09:16:59 PM » Author: nogden
Others have said that preheats are very reliable down to the freezing point. Below freezing, things can get a little unreliable.

My experience is that they start no matter what. I have several different preheat installations at my house (house, garage, and barn). I've never had a problem using them in the Winter and I've definitely had temperatures below zero deg. F (well below freezing). The tubes will be dim, but they'll start. Weaker tubes might be the only ones that have trouble. I have several 2' preheat lights in my unheated, uninsulated barn. One unit has a comparatively weak ballast with older tubes. It might blink longer than the other lights, but again, it still starts eventually.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies