Author Topic: Seborrheic Dermatitis  (Read 3741 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Seborrheic Dermatitis « on: November 17, 2017, 03:21:02 PM » Author: suzukir122
Anybody else on here that suffers from this condition? Any possible cures?
I've had Seborrheic Dermatitis since I was 15, and now it's even to the point where it's causing
a tad bit of scalp hair loss. The source of the problem is excessive skin oil levels... "
Staying away from milk/milk products seemed to reduce the severity, but all in all, it's still there.
If I could find out of any potential cures, or maybe just a way to slow it down significantly, that would be awesome.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 05:46:48 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Never be ashamed of hair loss, my friend. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 06:09:30 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm not ashamed of it... just hoping to fix the root of the problem.
I've been nearly bald all of my life, with a shaved hair cut. If I were
bald, no one would notice.  ;D
It's the other symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis that concern me more than anything. 

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 07:59:43 PM » Author: Lodge
I'm not ashamed of it... just hoping to fix the root of the problem.
I've been nearly bald all of my life, with a shaved hair cut. If I were
bald, no one would notice.  ;D
It's the other symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis that concern me more than anything. 

Try Stinging nettle, it actually tastes pretty good its like spinach, I actually make a dip with it and if I didn't tell people they would think it's spinach dip, but you do have to blanch it and it can't be eaten raw but it's claimed to be good for Dermatitis, and it'll also help you increase muscle mass, and testosterone really out of about all the plants it is one of the most researched plants in nature (mainly because of the last point) just don't pick it with bare hands and arms or you will know all about it for the next couple of hours but once its blanched you can handle it with out any stinging or burning sensation, you can also make it into a green tea, and Horsetail works as well, and after making it into tea you can use the left over leaves to polish metal, and don't get me wrong I'm not a naturalist or antivaxxer type, but I'm more the type that knows what you can eat in the bush and what tastes good and what does what, every time I go into the forest I manage to find something to eat or take home to eat later...

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:48 PM » Author: suzukir122
 :o Stinging nettle can also help rebuild damaged muscle?

Interests:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 11:24:57 PM » Author: Lodge
:o Stinging nettle can also help rebuild damaged muscle?

Damaged, how are they damaged ?

I know it's an anti-inflammatory and can amplify the effects of some NSAIDs drugs if they are taken at the same time, and it will act as a pain killer, and allow muscle growth, But care should be taken if you are on any blood thinners, high blood pressure meds, or Diuretics, Lithium, and Diabetic meds (it can drop your sugar levels and if you don't have diabetes it may actually protect you from developing diabetes) And gender specific effects :> females need to use caution as it will alter menstrual cycle and may contribute to miscarriage (so don't use it if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant in the near future) and male's gain reduced risks of prostate cancer..   

And on a side note since this is a lighting site, and I know most of us have had to deal with one or more busted light containing mercury and for the most part we will just turn a blind eye to the mercury and act like we are immune to it's effects, this plant will also help to attenuate mercury intoxication and reduce mercury levels in the body by increasing the rate at which the body can expel it, here is the study done on lab rats:> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4774826/  really this is a very well studied plant and they are not just little studies saying buy our products done by some snake oil sales man with the next cure all wonder drug, these are government level fully funded, real referenced, peer reviewed studies into it's properties with repeatable results..

The plant can be found for free all over the place and it's really easy to grow, I harvest pounds of it every spring blanch it and freeze it, all for free from the forest floor and at a friendly farmers place, he loves it because to him it's an annoying weed... 
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:36:34 AM » Author: suzukir122
That's interesting... I wonder what places here in Ohio may have them? I'll be looking around to see
if I find any, fingers crossed. As far as muscle damage is concerned, each time you weightlift heavily, you damage the
muscle you're targeting. Given time, the muscle rebuilds/repairs itself. (Which is why I never, ever
work out every single day) I eat plenty of protein based foods to help aid muscle development.
This includes protein shakes... and every time I add milk to protein shakes, I get even
more result, but severe flare ups of seborrheic dermatitis. Non dairy pre-made protein shakes
are sold in stores, so I may end up buying those instead of powdered protein shakes.

But yeah I'll have to do some research regarding where I can find stinging nettle here in Ohio.
I've honestly never heard of it until now. lol

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 09:14:10 AM » Author: CEB1993
To reduce your  hair loss and stimulate more hair to grow, I recommend this Propidrin hair growth vitamin. It's on sale on Amazon.  It's basically a big dose of biotin and a few other natural ingredients.

I had some hair loss and a receding hairline last year at this time due to stress. However, I took two bottles of this for two months and it was as if my hair loss and thinning never happened. I still take it today as a preventive measure and it makes a huge difference. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 09:32:30 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'll look into that. Even though my hair loss isn't too noticeable, it seems as if Seborrheic Dermatitis is the culprit. I
don't know if there is any correlation between dermatitis and Male Pattern Baldness, but regardless, that product
you showed me is worth a shot.
I've always had a shaved head all of my life pretty much, so it's not too too concerning for me regarding hair loss. The
severe dermatitis is what concerns me the most

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 09:42:43 AM » Author: CEB1993
I'll look into that. Even though my hair loss isn't too noticeable, it seems as if Seborrheic Dermatitis is the culprit. I
don't know if there is any correlation between dermatitis and Male Pattern Baldness, but regardless, that product
you showed me is worth a shot.
I've always had a shaved head all of my life pretty much, so it's not too too concerning for me regarding hair loss. The
severe dermatitis is what concerns me the most

I have always had excessively oily skin too. It caused me to break out with severe acne at an early age. There are some shampoos designed for naturally oily hair. I would recommend not using conditioner, since that adds moisture to your hair and skin. From my experience, problems with excessively oily skin can be avoided by simply keeping it clean with a good body wash and shampoo.  I do have to be careful about what lotions and shaving creams I use since they can be moisturizing and cause my naturally oily skin to break out with acne. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 10:06:28 AM » Author: suzukir122
Right now so far I have two shampoos... one for dandruff, and the other for psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
Both have been working on and off, but especially when I take out dairy from my diet, which is killing me. Not
drinking milk = no bueno.

Interests:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 03:18:54 PM » Author: Lodge
Right now so far I have two shampoos... one for dandruff, and the other for psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
Both have been working on and off, but especially when I take out dairy from my diet, which is killing me. Not

Nettles in the wild aren't that hard to find but in farming country your best talking to the old timer farmers they will tell you where the rock piles are and normally those are covered in them and they don't spray rock piles, no farmer want's then to grow bigger or faster.. Or you could plant your own they are about as easy to grow as a dandelion (which is good for your skin and bruises and its common in Italian grocers and tastes good in a salad but it's bitter in tea, but amazing as wine) you can get nettle seeds from Richters seeds online, And if you want it packaged and ready to use ask any eastern European people you know they commonly get it in tea format and most specialty grocers catering to that market will have it and they will tell you where the specialty shops are hidden in town, and if you get the loose dried leaves be warned, wear gloves, or use a spoon but once you heat it to make tea it's all good.. (if you get stung just run hot water over that area, as hot as you can stand without getting burned and in about a minute it will stop stinging) 

Or if you know any police officers in the drug enforcement area, they know where the nettles are, I used to live out in the country, I had a huge rock pile just covered in them, and just after the first frost there was helicopter flying overhead very low and then about 10 minuite later there was about 10 to 15 people climbing through the field and they where in the rock pile, and the tough guys wearing shorts where itching and scratching like mad, they where looking for a plant that from about 100 feet away looks like something more interesting to them, needless to say they didn't find any but they did leave with the knowledge you don't wear shorts and climb though a big patch of stinging nettles..   

About the milk, if your just using it to increase protein consider making it without milk, and simply supplement using lentils like the Urad dal, it's 25% protein, it tastes good, it makes for a nice side dish on the plate, and it's high in fiber, if you take 100 grams of 1% milk you only get 3.4 grams of protein, and 12% of your daily calcium, and no iron with the same amount of urad you get 25 grams of protein, 13% of your calcium and 42% of your iron, even Whey isolate cant compete pound per dollar to Urad and other lentils they are much cheaper, and there is literally thousands of very good recipes to cook with lentils and beans...
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 07:37:34 PM » Author: Mercurylamps

It seems that my scalp is slightly overproductive and also a bit itchy so I use Head & Shoulders itchy scalp care to reduce the itching I get sometimes. Also both my arms are slightly itchy as well yet there is no rash or skin problems. ??? I have rather soft, sensitive skin and it's still rather childlike although I'm 27.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 07:49:06 PM » Author: CEB1993
My skin is really sensitive to many products, so I only use Pantene shampoo, and Old Spice body wash since I like the way they smell and they both leave my oily skin and hair feeling fresh and clean.  Anytime I shave without shaving cream, my face gets all red and itchy.  This Jack Black Beard Lube is all I use for shaving and works perfectly if you have sensitive skin.

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis « Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 07:59:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
I use Equate shaving gel, from Walmart. That gel absolutely works in keeping my skin really smooth.
Around my beard and cheek area, I don't have much problem with dermatitis... so shaving isn't all too bad.
Around my nose, my nose, eyebrows, scalp and crown of my head, all have dermatitis issues however. I've
been experimenting with potential cures based on online researching. I'll be posting more about that
if I see positive results.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies